Turn on thread page Beta

How much do the mock exams count for science? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing a science mock soon and I was just wondering on whether they will count for anything

ReputationRep:
    I'm wanting to have a more sort of art and creative job so would I need to worry much about these?

ReputationRep:
    It's a mock so it doesn't count for anything

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Mock exams don't count for anything unless you are in a coma or something when the actual exam happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    It's a mock so it doesn't count for anything

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Okay thanks would it not count for set changes or anything? I have done quite well in my previous assessments and I do perform well in class so I'm not wanting to move down a set

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Mock exams don't count for anything unless you are in a coma or something when the actual exam happens.
    Ohhh so like if I were ill on the day of my actual exam they would use the mock exam marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dp1828)
    Okay thanks would it not count for set changes or anything? I have done quite well in my previous assessments and I do perform well in class so I'm not wanting to move down a set
    Perhaps if you do badly in mocks sets may be reevaluated so it's best to revise
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Ohhh so like if I were ill on the day of my actual exam they would use the mock exam marks?
    Yes, but when we say ill we mean properly ill (death's door).
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Depends on the school - but it could affect sets.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, mock's don't count for anything but they do help you realise where you need to brush up on when exam time comes. It was particularly helpful for me in that sense since I did terrible in my mocks but managed my time considerably well after.

Just try your best in them and revise. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Might not be the most important for most schools, but my school, for example, will look at our mock results to tell us if we can take four A-Levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _ariane29)
    Perhaps if you do badly in mocks sets may be reevaluated so it's best to revise
    Yeah I have done a little bit of revision but I am finding it hard to revise everything! Our mock exams are on biology unit 1, chemistry unit 1 and physics unit 1. There's a lot to revise but I have had other exams recently too so I haven't been able to as much...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M0nkey Thunder)
    Tbh, mock's don't count for anything but they do help you realise where you need to brush up on when exam time comes. It was particularly helpful for me in that sense since I did terrible in my mocks but managed my time considerably well after.

Just try your best in them and revise. Good luck!
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Nothing.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I have done a little bit of revision but I am finding it hard to revise everything! Our mock exams are on biology unit 1, chemistry unit 1 and physics unit 1. There's a lot to revise but I have had other exams recently too so I haven't been able to as much...
    It's okay as long as you don't completely fail

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _ariane29)
    It's okay as long as you don't completely fail
    Hahaha hopefully I won't!

Well mocks generally just see if you would be eligible for the higher paper (A*-D grades) or foundation paper. (C-U grades)

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.