Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Can someone give me quranic evidence of the dark side of Islam? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm what you can call a modern/average muslim. I pray and all and you know just a normal person.

But everytime on TSR i see people criticising islam and the verses of the Quran.

So it's just a question, can someone please give evidence from the Quran, the "bad side of it" and all of that.

ReputationRep:
    I was really scared when they said Jesus was going to kill me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal)
    I was really scared when they said Jesus was going to kill me
    Seriously, this is exactly what i was avoiding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tso)
    Seriously, this is exactly what i was avoiding.
    No no no

The worst thing is generic anti-Islamic social Conservatives Googling quotes then copy and pasting

ReputationRep:
    No no no

The worst thing is generic anti-Islamic social Conservatives Googling quotes then copy and pasting
    At least then i can look into it myself, actually look at the chapter in depth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tso)
    At least then i can look into it myself, actually look at the chapter in depth
    That's pointless because you will just say it needs context or that the Pagans broke a treaty, Muslims agree with you and non-Muslims disagree with you, both sides will claim they won the argument and nothing will have been achieved.

ReputationRep:
    This video explains it. It comes from geopolitics and political factions within Classical Islam.

ReputationRep:
    That's pointless because you will just say it needs context or that the Pagans broke a treaty, Muslims agree with you and non-Muslims disagree with you, both sides will claim they won the argument and nothing will have been achieved.
    No, it's not that i want to go on and defend muslims on TSR but just to know both sides. Since i'm very familiar with the other.

ReputationRep:
    So then aren't there any Qur'anic verses which show evidence of the "dark side of Islam" even when read in context? For example, one which says "Kill the pagans - not just a specific subset of them who have done something to deserve it - but any and all of them"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tso)
    No, it's not that i want to go on and defend muslims on TSR but just to know both sides. Since i'm very familiar with the other.
    I'm not saying you're wrong, just that this same argument has happened dozens or times and each time the same people say the same things and people agree with what they want to believe.

(Original post by tazarooni89)
    So then aren't there any Qur'anic verses which show evidence of the "dark side of Islam" even when read in context? For example, one which says "Kill the pagans - not just a specific subset of them who have done something to deserve it - but any and all of them"?

See above.

ReputationRep:
    everything needs context though, religious argument or not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by defenestrated)
    everything needs context though, religious argument or not
    This is a problem because people who have already accepted the belief that Muhammad was a good man sent by God are more likely to believe that the Pagans were attacking him and he needed to defend himself than people who have a vested interest in claiming he was a warlord.

ReputationRep:
    This is a problem because people who have already accepted the belief that Muhammad was a good man sent by God are more likely to believe that the Pagans were attacking him and he needed to defend himself than people who have a vested interest in claiming he was a warlord.
    by that i meant context within the Qur'an - not taking quotes out of context when it's given
    what does it say in the Qur'an about pagans?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by defenestrated)
    by that i meant context within the Qur'an - not taking quotes out of context when it's given
    what does it say in the Qur'an about pagans?
    I meant the wars with the Pagans of Mecca

ReputationRep:
    Don't hurt me pls
    Spoiler:
    Show
    "And tell the believing women to reduce [some] of their vision and guard their private parts and not expose their adornment ... " - Quran 24:31

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EastGuava)
    Don't hurt me pls
    Spoiler:
    Show
    "And tell the believing women to reduce [some] of their vision and guard their private parts and not expose their adornment ... " - Quran 24:31

Thanks for the verse. The picture is quite funny lol

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.