Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I heard this a few times but I think its nonsense. I'm average and defo dont get hit on as much as my more attractive friends :lol: same for my other "average" friends, but apparently beautiful girls are more "intimidating" to most guys.

Do average girls get hit on/white knighted more by average guys maybe though?

What about below average? :ninja:
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Well .. not every single average girl will get hit on. Plus, the idea of something or someone being "average" is subjective.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    Well .. not every single average girl will get hit on. Plus, the idea of something or someone being "average" is subjective.
    In general tho :dontknow:

I guess but unfortunately we have kind of general stereotypes about whats "average" and beautiful. Like most people wouldnt find Lena Dunham as hot as Kate Beckinsale.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think guys look at a girl and say "She's average, let me hit on her"...all guys try it with girls they find attractive, whether or not anyone else thinks the girl is attractive is another matter..

ReputationRep:
    the term average is very relative and varies according to what one considers as average

we all have different standards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biryani007)
    I don't think guys look at a girl and say "She's average, let me hit on her"...all guys try it with girls they find attractive, whether or not anyone else thinks the girl is attractive is another matter..
    What about girls they find more attractive though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ripper Phoenix)
    the term average is very relative and varies according to what one considers as average

we all have different standards
    Well girls they consider average?

ReputationRep:
    Depends how many drinks they've had Joking

I guess maybe if a girl is really really attractive to a guy he might be scared to ask because he thinks he doesn't have a chance if that's what you mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harinimnida)

I guess maybe if a girl is really really attractive to a guy he might be scared to ask because he thinks he doesn't have a chance if that's what you mean?
    :rofl:

Yeah good point if he thinks he doesnt have a chance with her. whereas if shes "average" he might think he does

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure I would have thought it would be looks... but rather like... 'high strunginess'?
    You can be very good looking and seem approachable, or conversely... not.

ReputationRep:
    Well that's an interesting idea. For the vast majority of guys there does come a point in which a female may appear unattainable because she is so attractive. So the guy will not even bother trying because he assumes that he will get rejected. A below average guy will, when he realises he is, hit on below average girls but don't assume that you are below average just because you have not been hit on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellodave5)
    I'm not sure I would have thought it would be looks... but rather like... 'high strunginess'?
    You can be very good looking and seem approachable, or conversely... not.
    A lot of guys stereotype pretty girls as *****es TBF

(Original post by Lucasium)
    Well that's an interesting idea. For the vast majority of guys there does come a point in which a female may appear unattainable because she is so attractive. So the guy will not even bother trying because he assumes that he will get rejected. A below average guy will, when he realises he is, hit on below average girls but don't assume that you are below average just because you have not been hit on
    So because most guys are average they hit on average gilrs?

ReputationRep:
    It depends on guys tbh some don't care whilst others are selective lol

As a guy it depends who I think is attractive which other guys may not think that girl is attractive lol but I'm shy so I don't hit on girls loool fear of rejection lol

In short it differs from guy to guy
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Well, it depends - if they are smart and beautiful, it can be intimidating.
    If they are beautiful but a complete *****, they can **** off
    If they are beautiful and have a good personality, feelings may develop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RiotGirll)
    A lot of guys stereotype pretty girls as *****es TBF

So because most guys are average they hit on average gilrs?
    Yes, their range will vary according to their own confidence. How old are you?

ReputationRep:
    I heard this a few times but I think its nonsense. I'm average and defo dont get hit on as much as my more attractive friends :lol: same for my other "average" friends, but apparently beautiful girls are more "intimidating" to most guys.

Do average girls get hit on/white knighted more by average guys maybe though?

What about below average? :ninja:
    Some guys do feel threatened when they see a really attractive girl as they might think she's too good for her and might not have the confidence to approach her. So yes, they might go and seek an average girl in that sense. Although I do agree with you and I still believe that attractive girls get more attention that the plain jane's. I see it all the time, in my school the better looking girls definitely get more attention than the average looking/below average looking girls but it depends really. I also know some attractive girls that do not recieve as much attention because they are shy.

ReputationRep:
    What about girls they find more attractive though?
    Depends on the guy...some guys will only approach girls they find really attractive, thinking it's pointless going for girls that they only find slightly attractive, and some guys will only go for those that they think are kinda attractive, thinking the ones that are really attractive are out of their league...

ReputationRep:

Identified: catfish

Next.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Proxenus)
    Identified: catfish

Next.
    Whatttt

ReputationRep:
    Whatttt
    How many pairs of shoes do you own?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 3, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.