Turn on thread page Beta

advice on washing hair...no, really... watch

ReputationRep:
    I would welcome your advice on my hair (or lack of it).

See, my hair is really quite thin, with a bald crown, and i have bee using (along with a certain diet) health suppliments i have researched about to try to strengthen the hair i have and (more out of hope than expectation) re-grow my lost hair.

The thing is, i am trying to do everything i can to give my hair the best chance of re-growth (again, assuming this is possible - can`t hurt to try, right?).

But the 2 areas i lack knowledge in are hair massage and hair washing.

My scalp is just wierd - some days it`s dry as hell, other days it`s greasy, and because of this i don`t know how often i should wash it, or if i should dry it with a towel (now i do dry it with a towel, but i just "pat" my head dry, i don`t rub it dry.

Do i brush my hair forwards to stimulate blood flow, and then backwards?

Do i massage in gentle circles?

Please! Tell me what i`m doing wrong and how to do it correctly!

(not that it would help, but i take omega 3, saw palmetto, pumpkin seed oil, goti kola, korean ginseng, and He Shou wu suppliments)

HELP!!

ReputationRep:
    try coconut oil and some rosemary and peppermint essential oil. To massage it in, make a claw shape with your hands and use your fingers and thumb to make small circles. Also do this when you shampoo your hair.
    (check you aren't allergic to coconut oil first)
    Give your hair a few days between washing unless it really needs it. The oils your scalp produces really help your hair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinkerbell_xxx)
    try coconut oil and some rosemary and peppermint essential oil. To massage it in, make a claw shape with your hands and use your fingers and thumb to make small circles. Also do this when you shampoo your hair.
    (check you aren't allergic to coconut oil first)
    Give your hair a few days between washing unless it really needs it. The oils your scalp produces really help your hair.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasufel)
    Thanks!
    Your welcome Castor oil is also good for hair growth, it just takes a bit more washing to get it out. Try to oil and massage your hair a couple times a week as well but definitely check you don't react to the oils first
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Pure 100% coconut oil.

ReputationRep:
    cut the hair pls.

ReputationRep:
    I use coconut oil. It is one of the best natural nutrition for hair. It helps in healthy growth of hair providing them a shiny complexion. It is effective in reducing the protein loss for damaged and undamaged hair.I order from Amazon this one http://www.amazon.com/Cocozia-Organi...ywords=cocozia

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.