Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    When I registered for student finance for the 2015/2016 university year, I filled in all relevant sections, submitted my parents' financial information online etc. and didn't think any more of it. At the beginning of October I received a payment of a little over £1200, which seemed far far below what I was entitled to. I later discovered that my parents had been sent letters asking for financial information to be posted, and as this hadn't been done, I was assumed to be in the very highest income bracket so received this:

    Whereas in reality I am entitled to this financially:
    My question is, how do I go about getting the money I am owed? Is it too late for me to get the additional money for this semester, so once rectified will I just start getting the correct sum of money from the next semester onwards? Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks, Martin.

    No, it's not too late, but the standard administration time once your parents complete the form and send in the evidence is six weeks.
    • Very Important Poster

    Very Important Poster
    You can change your application for the current year up to 9 months after you start.
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.