Martello736
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
When I registered for student finance for the 2015/2016 university year, I filled in all relevant sections, submitted my parents' financial information online etc. and didn't think any more of it. At the beginning of October I received a payment of a little over £1200, which seemed far far below what I was entitled to. I later discovered that my parents had been sent letters asking for financial information to be posted, and as this hadn't been done, I was assumed to be in the very highest income bracket so received this:

Whereas in reality I am entitled to this financially:
My question is, how do I go about getting the money I am owed? Is it too late for me to get the additional money for this semester, so once rectified will I just start getting the correct sum of money from the next semester onwards? Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks, Martin.
Saoirse:3
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No, it's not too late, but the standard administration time once your parents complete the form and send in the evidence is six weeks.
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You can change your application for the current year up to 9 months after you start.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (117)
28.26%
No - I have already returned home (56)
13.53%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (81)
19.57%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.66%
No - I live at home during term anyway (120)
28.99%

Watched Threads