Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I need E grades to do the course i want but am only due to get F or worse. How can i redo maths and english and where would i go to study etc? Most colleges only let you do GCSE if you are already grade D and I wont be. I'm really worried

ReputationRep:
    I have the same problem with maths

ReputationRep:
    Whatever your mind can conceive, you can achieve.

maths was my struggle as well but practice makes perfect.

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest, how old are you?

ReputationRep:
    What course are you thinking of doing?

ReputationRep:
    What year are you in? (And please don't say 2015 )

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Put the effort in. Please answer my english exam question really need it. thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siobhanblann)
    I need E grades to do the course i want but am only due to get F or worse. How can i redo maths and english and where would i go to study etc? Most colleges only let you do GCSE if you are already grade D and I wont be. I'm really worried
    When are you going to be taking these exams - in November 2015, or in June 2016 or later?

Schools usually prefer their candidates to achieve C or above, and offer extra tuition etc. Is your school providing extra support?

Have you been entered for Foundation Tier or Higher Tier? AQA say this about Higher Tier marking:
    "On individual units there is a small ‘safety net’ forcandidates who fail to reach the minimum markrequired for the lowest grade available in the tier.For example, on Unit 1 a candidate entered for theHigher tier (grade range A*– D) who just fails to reachthe standard required for grade D does not obtainzero uniform marks. However, centres should notethat such a candidate will normally receive feweruniform marks than a Foundation tier candidate whoreaches the same standard"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by candycaneland500)
    that aint nice.
    and dont worry u we do fine if u work hard
    you tell em gurl

ReputationRep:
    lol
    (Original post by judogainz)
    you tell em gurl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foreverton)
    What year are you in? (And please don't say 2015 )

Posted from TSR Mobile
    year 11

ReputationRep:
    Have you considered getting a tutor?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holmstock)
    When are you going to be taking these exams - in November 2015, or in June 2016 or later?

Schools usually prefer their candidates to achieve C or above, and offer extra tuition etc. Is your school providing extra support?

Have you been entered for Foundation Tier or Higher Tier? AQA say this about Higher Tier marking:
    "On individual units there is a small ‘safety net’ forcandidates who fail to reach the minimum markrequired for the lowest grade available in the tier.For example, on Unit 1 a candidate entered for theHigher tier (grade range A*– D) who just fails to reachthe standard required for grade D does not obtainzero uniform marks. However, centres should notethat such a candidate will normally receive feweruniform marks than a Foundation tier candidate whoreaches the same standard"
    I will be taking in June 2016 and have been entered into the Foundation Tier

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure you can't get your grades up?

Some colleges will let you retake your GCSE if you didn't get the grades you needed, look into that.

ReputationRep:
    That's good, so you have plenty of time to work on some key aspects to get the grade you need. Where does the F grade prediction come from? Sometimes teachers start marking to the GCSE standard early so that you get a feel for the work that still needs to be done, and most people improve by at least a grade over the next six months. Try and get someone to go through with you, in depth, a couple of your recent pieces of work, and see if you can together pick out some repeated problem areas that could be easily turned round to get you extra marks next time - a teacher in the subject would be best, but supportive family/friends willing to spend the time can work very well too. Keep trying and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    How much work do you do out of school?

ReputationRep:
    You'll definitely only get E/F with that sort of attitude.

Aim high, achieve high

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.