Birmingham Students Watch

This discussion is closed.
Tisi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeps Sorry, just got used to calling it that..
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
Don't forget that vienna is a native of brum too
Oh dear . Isn't Fluffy a Brummie too?
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Don't forget that vienna is a native of brum too
no, that would be false
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Just out of interest Vienna - do you search for any usage of your name in the forums?

I can't imagine any other reason why you would find a 2/3 day old post in a birmingham university subforum :confused:
naturally. unfortunately, it has become a necessity, due to the amount of rubbish that gets circulated, the false information being passed off in my name, the fabricated PMs, distribution of private material, the abuse and the number of aliases and members with reference to myself. not to mention the rather pointless posts that are purposely aimed at stirring up more trouble and rumour. your latest contribution to this thread being a perfect example of the need to keep abreast of certain 'obsessive' behaviour.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Actually I was testing to see if you would notice it - you behavior popping up on threads with a vague reference to you days/weeks later led me to believe you were using the search function to see if people were talking about you.
and to think, you neg repped me for trolling!
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I wasn't looking to start an arguement just confirmation.
pity you didnt afford me the same opportunity for explanation when you took a rather patronising tone via the rep system.

You've never chosen to confirm or deny (to my knowledge) your alleged Birmingham roots so I didn't think my post would offend in anyway. I admit I was expecting to provoke some sort of reaction from you but not a negative one - for all I knew the statement could have been true and you may have appeared to confirm it and add something to the birmingham subforum community.
please.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Feel free to neg rep me for trolling if you think that was my intention.
its not something i feel is particuarly worthwhile. id rather highlight it at source.

I'm sorry - it was a petty silly way for me to behave, especially when there was a much simpler and straightforward route I could have taken.
no problem.
Dill
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
oh my goodness pencil queen, what is there to apologise about?! don't apologise! you just said vienna is a native brummie, i can't understand what's wrong with that! maybe it's a private thingy, but i really don't understand how that is offensive, i just found myself thinking 'how pathetic' when i read what vienna said, sheesh!
i'm thinking of going to birmingham uni, (as long as i don't pick up the accent) to do maths with comp. sci, yay, how exciting : ) i swear everyone does comp. sci, so i probably won't get in. oh well..
Create
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hey everyone - I'm a fresher at B'ham too - Chemical Engineering.

Dill - hope you're application goes well, oh, and wouldn't worry about picking up the b'ham accent - think I've only met 2 people here with it!
Elisa-shaped
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I was just re-reading the list of who's at Bham and what course they do. I take it that the rest of the people under Biosciences are an anti-social lot.

Not only am I segregated for being a Natural Scientist but also by the actual students If you do anything vaguely biological then I'll be in the same lectures which would be;

Essential Cell Biology
Physiology and Development
Molecules of Life

and anybody else doing Pharmocology as their MOMD

Now there must be hundreds of people doing those 3 things...so far I've only met one person from the forum. Dr. Madigan is always going on about bioinformatic people and I know there are some strange as you are.

You can tell I'm bitter about not being invited to Bioscience Fresher Events can't you...
Emz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm in Essential Cell Biology and Molecules of Life, and I'm one of those Bioinformatics people Dr Madigan goes on about! If I had any idea what you looked like I'd come and say hi! How are you finding your course so far? Having fun being at uni? I am

Emma x
Elisa-shaped
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I look like a chinese person with Ikea style scandinavian glasses, I'm not an internation student though.

I know Nicholas from Uklearning if that helps, but he usually strolls in late.

The lectures are fine, not liking the homeworks, i didn't know we had to do the 2nd assignment until somebody asked me if I'd done it yet!
sadia_rehman
Report 14 years ago
me gona *** 2 bham too... hopefully... to do medicine
fewasam
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Chalk me up to the list of Brummagem kiddies.
I'm Sam, I'm in Pritchatts House, I do English and History.
I know who Sami is off here. /smug

And that will be all from me. As I'm somewhat inebriated. Shockah!
Elisa-shaped
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
That was the most confusing post I've ever read, but who are you? I've never heard of any Sam's in Pritchatts House! If you're coming to the Halloween Party this Friday make yourself known.
pixiepeep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
My boyfriend's there, and I'm hoping to start next september for English
Elisa-shaped
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Is that there meaning Birmingham University or do you mean Pritchatts Park? There are quite a few people about generally with other halves left back home or at other universities.
fewasam
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Elisa-shaped)
That was the most confusing post I've ever read, but who are you? I've never heard of any Sam's in Pritchatts House! If you're coming to the Halloween Party this Friday make yourself known.
You're clearly extremely easily confused. Brummagem's an old word for Birmingham. I would count anyone messing about on the internet as a kiddie. I'm from Pritchatts, I'm called Sam, I know who Sami or whichever Led Zep member he's using as an alter ego is, and I was, as they say, very, very drunk.

And...well, I don't know who you are either. I'm vaguely disappointed that my fame doesn't precede me these days and slightly surprised that I haven't talked to everyone in Pritchatts yet. I'm pretty easy to spot, normally hanging round flats 3 and 4, drink too much, big curly hair, in the social every night, on the pool table quite a lot.
Nicholas
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Everyone knows who Sam "with the hair" is.
fewasam
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Nicholas)
Everyone knows who Sam "with the hair" is.
/smug
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Jun '19

Are you chained to your phone?