Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

So confused ~ Is this a date? watch

Announcements

So today I was walking with to history class and this girl came up to us and asked if we were dating. We both looked at each other like " haha nahh we just walk to class together, cause we're in 4 classes together" anyway this girl was really surprised and so as a joke we pretended to be all lovey dovey and called each other "babe" throughout the class.

When the class finished I said " hey well when you going to take me to the cinema and buy me flowers? blah blah " and then we started discussing the cinema. He started saying how he wanted to go see The martian. I said that I did too cause I genuinely did and then I said " hey lets go together!" anyway I was quite content because I thought, woo I've got a friend to go with now. Then we messaged each other and he was like " hey babe.. love you so much xD what time is our date?" and I replied back all jokey too and I told my friend and she said that it sounds like a date and that the guy probably thinks it's a date.

So now I'm freaking out cause I didn't think it was a date and am now feeling really awkward and unsure of what he thinks it is. I'm not interested in him in anyway and I thought that I've only shown friendly interest but I'm wondering if it is a date or not? and if so why would he play along and act all jokey with me?

ReputationRep:
    I think the ball is in your court, If you go and keep him in the friend zone then it's not a date. But if you keep the babe joke going and flirt a little (even unintentionally) then he might take it as a date..

ReputationRep:
    You've definitely acted as if it is a date. You need to make it clear that it isn't if that isn't what you want, otherwise he may end up being incredibly disappointed

ReputationRep:
    Enjoy your date ^^

Yeah. Just be implicitly clear how you feel. I'm not too sure if would be too much saying outright? Though generally I always think honesty is best way about things.

ReputationRep:
    Unless if you invite some more people to go.

I just heard back from him, I asked him if we should invite more people from our class and yeh he jokingly asked why. He did think it was a date after all :/ which is weird cause I don't get why he would've thought I suddenly asked him out of the blue, but yeh oh well.. It might be a bit awkward in class for a while now

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 3, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.