Turn on thread page Beta

Genius needed watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Why does the resistance of an LDR increase as the light intensity increases ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geek_shay)
    I think you'll find it decreases. A seperate piece of equipment may then be used to mirror this effect.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a genius and idk,

ReputationRep:
    As someone above said, resistance decreases as light intensity increases in an LDR, but tbh I have no clue why. Is this out of curiosity, or?

ReputationRep:
    Hardly as genius needed. Just someone who has undertake the experiment and knows its outcome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geek_shay)
    Actually, it decreases.

An LDR is actually just a piece of vampire skin between the wires. Direct sunlight degrades the skin and lessens its resistance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireGarden)
    Actually, it decreases.

An LDR is actually just a piece of vampire skin between the wires. Direct sunlight degrades the skin and lessens its resistance.
    yes i've done this experiment, i can confirm

ReputationRep:
    An LDR is a semi conductor. When light shines, it releases electrons which increases the number of electrons to carry current. Therefore, as light intensity increases, current increases. From the equation V= IR, for the same voltage, if current increases, resistance must decrease to have the same value voltage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by william walker)
    Hardly as genius needed. Just someone who has undertake the experiment and knows its outcome.
    How dare you offend my new-found genius-ship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poldork)
    How dare you offend my new-found genius-ship.
    Sorry. I just think the world genius is way over used.

ReputationRep:
    Genius or an Awesome Genius?

592/600 in A level Physics - thank you very much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    Genius or an Awesome Genius?

592/600 in A level Physics - thank you very much.
    Don'r care. Go away.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.