Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am self teaching Maths and further maths. Could please someone give me a breakdown of what modules are available or needed for both please in an understandable way. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rossb123)
    Hi I am self teaching Maths and further maths. Could please someone give me a breakdown of what modules are available or needed for both please in an understandable way. Thank you.
    Which board (there are some differences in the later modules)?

For Maths you must do C1 - 4 and then 2 applied modules. These can be any pair of M1, S1 and D1, or any pair of 2 the same, i.e. M1 and M2, S1 and S2 or D1 and D2.

For FM, things start to vary a bit between boards. For Edexcel, for instance, you must do FP1 and at least one of FP2 and FP3. Then any 4 other modules that you haven't included in Maths.

When it comes to your final A level grades, the exam board will move around the applied modules to give you the best possible grade for Maths and then the best possible grade for FM, provided that you recash in your AS Maths, A level Maths (and AS FM if you did it the year before).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 4, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.