Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I am currently in the process of choosing my courses for UCAS and I don't know if I should apply to Warwick or not. I've seen the campus and been to the open day and found the environment to be incredible.

I wanted to ask what current students found they liked/disliked about the university and ESPECIALLY what you do when you go out! I only got to visit Coventry and didn't like it that much so i just wanted to know what night life is like at Warwick.
    What do you do on the weekends? Where do you go out? I know the courses are incredible but I'm just scared of being restricted to living just on campus 24/7. Any

ReputationRep:
    A lot of the initial nights out are out the SU nightclub - The Copper Rooms. It has a few different events, mainly Pop every Wednesday, which is alright. Given that it is the only nightclub on campus, it obviously can get repetitive though. People tend to go out to Kasbah in Coventry (most nights AFAIK) and Neon (Friday's) & Smack (on Tues and Thurs) in Leamington, so it's not the end of the world in terms of clubs.

Once you've doine your first year, you won't live on campus though and you'll most likely move to Leam.

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok! Do you think there is a lot going on in terms of night life and social events or is it kind of boring?

ReputationRep:
    It gets a little boring over the weekend, as the SU isn't open and there isn't much to do in Cov/Leam. The night life is better than I expected, given that it's a campus uni for high-achieving students. I usually go out twice a week, which is enough for me and is roughly the average. There are few nights where my flatmates and I just get pissed in the kitchen too.

The taxi to Cov/Leam is like £20, which is fine when spread between 4/5 people. I was a little worried about the social part initially, but as I mentioned, it's actually pretty good

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when the last bus from Coventry to Warwick is?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Lauren2442)
    So I am currently in the process of choosing my courses for UCAS and I don't know if I should apply to Warwick or not. I've seen the campus and been to the open day and found the environment to be incredible.

I wanted to ask what current students found they liked/disliked about the university and ESPECIALLY what you do when you go out! I only got to visit Coventry and didn't like it that much so i just wanted to know what night life is like at Warwick.
    What do you do on the weekends? Where do you go out? I know the courses are incredible but I'm just scared of being restricted to living just on campus 24/7. Any
    Hi! Generally I've found the nightlife to be quite good; you'll find you get bored of the SU (Copper Rooms) quite quickly after freshers, it's great for nights like POP! (Which is effectively a night of all your favourite cheesy pop songs, but only really fun if you're completely off your face) but the better scene is to be found at Smack/Neon in Leamington. Some brave souls venture out into Coventry, but there's a bit of a rivalry between Warwick/Cov students, and some have reported some rather unpleasant experiences in Cov stronghold clubs (should be fine if you don't go around in a Warwick hoodie in all honesty). Nevertheless, Leamington is a great night out; Smack is a great club (Toast is a favourite club of mine) and if you don't fancy clubs its stuffed full of pubs and bars (the Duke is a great example of one of Leam's best pubs). There's a lot of talk about the Warwick Bubble, but you definitely don't have to stay in it!

ReputationRep:
    I've got an offer from Warwick and I'm waiting to hear back from Birmingham, if I get an offer it's between those two. I'm leaning heavily towards Birmingham because from what I've read on here and online in general, Warwick is boring (as a place to study for three years). It has the usual SU-run club on campus like most universities do. There are a few other clubs but I can imagine it gets boring really easy. I understand there is slightly more to be said for Leamington and Coventry but if you went out two or three times a week which is generally what students do, would you really want to have to get a taxi each time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beyknowles2)
    I've got an offer from Warwick and I'm waiting to hear back from Birmingham, if I get an offer it's between those two. I'm leaning heavily towards Birmingham because from what I've read on here and online in general, Warwick is boring (as a place to study for three years). It has the usual SU-run club on campus like most universities do. There are a few other clubs but I can imagine it gets boring really easy. I understand there is slightly more to be said for Leamington and Coventry but if you went out two or three times a week which is generally what students do, would you really want to have to get a taxi each time?
    Imagine picking a university purely based on nightlife. Of course a city based university will have easier access to nightclubs. That doesn't mean that the nightlife at Warwick is crap.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.