Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've had my first reply and it was a rejection and I'm not sure about anyone else but it's made me question my whole application and if I've made any mistakes!!
    I've emailed for feedback but I'm not sure if I'll get any. Has anyone who has had a rejection done this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swagio)
    I've had my first reply and it was a rejection and I'm not sure about anyone else but it's made me question my whole application and if I've made any mistakes!!
    I've emailed for feedback but I'm not sure if I'll get any. Has anyone who has had a rejection done this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Durham do provide feedback to unsuccessful applicants on written request - see
    https://www.dur.ac.uk/undergraduate/apply/usa/

(I think the "usa" is shorthand for UnSuccessful Applicants)

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You should be able to review your whole UCAS application quite easily to check for mistakes, but it might just be that it is a very popular course, attracting very highly qualified applicants - check out the relevant subject/university on whatuni. If you have applied for a mix of ambitious and safe entry requirements, you should get offers, but it can take a while since many applications are only reviewed in detail after the January deadline. .

Also you can ask to see the academic reference, although there is a fee for this - about £10, from memory.

ReputationRep:
    It's for mh nursing, so interview rather than offer.
    The grades are strangely low and I've got equiv to A*A*A* and have worked in a unit and for mind.
    I dunno if I'm being big headed but I thought I would be pretty good, but now I'm like argh!! D:

ReputationRep:
    The grades are strangely low and I've got equiv to A*A*A* and have worked in a unit and for mind.
    I dunno if I'm being big headed but I thought I would be pretty good, but now I'm like argh!! D:
    Sorry to hear about the rejection. It's unlikely the it was anything to do with your actual application then, and more related to your interview. They may provide feedback then on your interview, which you can use in the future.

Also if you've got "equivalent" to A*A*A* it may be that the university didn't recognise (as in, they didn't think it was worth A*A*A*) or accept your equivalent.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Nursing is incredibly competitive so even with a very strong application if maybe there was one person who scored higher than you in an interview that day (or maybe in the maths and english tests) then in some cases you might not get the place. Don't be too downhearted i got a rejection after my first interview last year but then used the feedback to improve. I then got an offer and wait listed for 2 other universities soon after. So dont take it to heart too much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Nursing is incredibly competitive so even with a very strong application if maybe there was one person who scored higher than you in an interview that day (or maybe in the maths and english tests) then in some cases you might not get the place. Don't be too downhearted i got a rejection after my first interview last year but then used the feedback to improve. I then got an offer and wait listed for 2 other universities soon after. So dont take it to heart too much
    I didn't get threw to the interview. Hence I'd quite like some feedback.
    Hopefully be able to get some, cos I think it might be useful!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I didn't get threw to the interview. Hence I'd quite like some feedback.
    Hopefully be able to get some, cos I think it might be useful!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh i m sorry, i got confused. Feedback should definitely be useful

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.