The Student Room Group

I can't overcome failure and move on.

I feel like a failure. I am at a OK university studying law. In my first year because of severe mitigating circumstances, I achieved an average of 61%, with 58, 57, 40 and 81. My first year not being worth anything. In my second year I achieved 72, 70, 74 and 58 averaging 70%. This is worth 20 percent of my final degree. Whilst I am on course to get a first overall and have lots of work experience on my CV, I feel like a failure because of the scores not being perfect. Now forever on my academic transcript at university I will have to explain my imperfect grades. Now I am in my final year I can't escape the what if's. For example I could have gotten much higher in second year and obtained awards but instead only scraped it. All my friends have awards for highest module results. How do I overcome this feeling for my final year? It is making me doubt myself in everything that I do. Thank you for any advice.
You need to stop worrying about what your friends are making and quit worrying about failure.
This can result in mild depression and/or anxiety (anxiety ultimately leads to depression anyhow).
Having this said, these factors can result in hindering you from further progression.
Get rid of the doubt, otherwise just quit altogether and do something else.
Have you considered anything that might be health related?
Have you had any interest in brain hacking or using any type of "nootropic" or "smart drug".
Piracetam and Tianeptine might be of some use here.
Let me know if you need any help as I have helped many that have been going through the same struggle.
It's not fun, but keep a strong mindset and you will make it out as you expect it to be.

Just stop worrying and keep positive thoughts in mind!
(edited 8 years ago)
Why is this in Health?
Anyway OP, even First class graduates can struggle for jobs (like me :angry:), what really matters is how you present yourself to the interviewer when you apply, and they might pick the "less academic" graduate like you over the first class graduate
Original post by shawn_o1
Why is this in Health?
Anyway OP, even First class graduates can struggle for jobs (like me :angry:), what really matters is how you present yourself to the interviewer when you apply, and they might pick the "less academic" graduate like you over the first class graduate

"Why is this in health??"
This has everything to deal with health if you haven't read my suggestions to him.
Not to be rude, but your suggestions are not going to help his state of mind as you are "stating the obvious".

Lets be positive here please.

Quick Reply

Latest