The Student Room Group

Girl just won't go out with me - what now?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by James Milibanter
Buy her a house.

Yes because most of the people on here just have a few hundred thousand pounds lying around...
Original post by Most Competitive
If all else fails, remember that everyone has a price, and she must do too. This is just a way to pump and dump, so don't expect a "loving relationship" or anything.

Has anything that has ever come out my mouth (typed by my keyboard) suggested to you that I want a loving relationship? lol

Actually, I just really want to say that I went out with a girl THIS pretty - even if its for a little while. I know thats sad, but who cares. She is literally like the kind of girl you see in TV programmes and think 'OMG why did they have to cast such a good-looking girl, this is distracting me'.
Reply 22
Let me ride shotgun in your BMW and I'll go out with you <3
Original post by Awesome Genius
Yeh you're right - even though wagamana is pretty casual.

My strategy tomorrow is to suggest we go for lunch to a place close to work rather than in the work cafe. Then a drink, as you say.

I don't know what your work schedule is but if you're going for drinks then it might be better to ask on friday straight after work, that way there'll be no holding back as a hangover the next day won't be too much of an issue.
Don't lie, if a bloke bought you a house then you'd at least give him one date. :biggrin:
I don't know what your work schedule is but if you're going for drinks then it might be better to ask on friday straight after work, that way there'll be no holding back as a hangover the next day won't be too much of an issue.

Yeah, thats a good time for a drink. We actually have an incredibly laid back work schedule. We're basically given a project to get on with and its got to be done by a certain time so for lunch, we can leave the office and no one cares. So I thought rather than eating with everyone around us, why not go to somewhere close by and ask her there.
Don't lie, if a bloke bought you a house then you'd at least give him one date. :biggrin:

Well, yeah, but I wouldn't trust him none.

Some guy I used to share a flat with tried to buy me a house because he wanted me to marry him. Regardless to say I didn't speak to him much after that because he obviously wasn't sane
Totally agree - he could have been bipolar...

I remember a patient a while ago that was bipolar - bought his entire junior staff a car!
No lol Its because I'm trying to complete a report which I should have completed by last Monday - just procrastinating.

TSR for me procrastinating since 2007. Different accounts.

Since 2k7? How old are you?! :lolwut:
Original post by Mochassassin
Since 2k7? How old are you?! :lolwut:

Yeah, thats a good time for a drink. We actually have an incredibly laid back work schedule. We're basically given a project to get on with and its got to be done by a certain time so for lunch, we can leave the office and no one cares. So I thought rather than eating with everyone around us, why not go to somewhere close by and ask her there.

Yeh, why not as you say. But yes, a drink or 5 is the way to go, perhaps a cocktail bar. Last time I went to a cocktail bar, I met a bloke and he got me absolutely smashed buying me drinks, I didn't even know what half of them were.

I have no doubt that it's absolutely insane. Suffice to say that even if I had that kind of money I wouldn't be taking that approach. But at least you got the offer, hey. I've had nothing of the sort thus far.

Oh. I heard 27. Cool.
Totally agree - he could have been bipolar...

I remember a patient a while ago that was bipolar - bought his entire junior staff a car!

Crazy crazy behaviour

I think he was quite depressed because he was isolated from most of his family (he was an international student from a bad country)

He was lovely but I couldn't allow him to buy a house for me. I'm really not that kind of girl who would take that kind of thing and as a student there would be no plausible way he would have been able to afford it.

Thankfully when I distanced myself from him he returned to his senses. I just hope he doesn't try and do it again because there are people out there who will take advantage of that
Reply 33
m8 u need to work on the three factors

smell
body language
clothing

no girls going to get in your personal space if you stink
no girls going to want a submissive loser
no girls going to want bad clothing that looks like he needs a mum not a gf

then ur verbal factors

- no ums, ems, or likes
- no monotone voice
- actually listen dont change the topic
- use pauses
- speak slow
- etc
Become a monk man. The time has come.
Yeh, why not as you say. But yes, a drink or 5 is the way to go, perhaps a cocktail bar. Last time I went to a cocktail bar, I met a bloke and he got me absolutely smashed buying me drinks, I didn't even know what half of them were.

I have no doubt that it's absolutely insane. Suffice to say that even if I had that kind of money I wouldn't be taking that approach. But at least you got the offer, hey. I've had nothing of the sort thus far.

That's the clincher, he really didn't have the money; he was a student like me.

I mean, if it wasn't so outlandish and ridiculous I would have found it flattering and charming. A house? Really?
Reply 36
also l2 add value not consume it, you must think 'i'm going to make this girls life great' not the other way around, you can count on people to be selfish consumers, while you create value they'll stick by you, otherwise you look needy (which is not attractive)
you drive a BMW, the fact that shes acting non interested means shes looking for bigger fish
I reckon that one could make such a proposition flattering and charming, but it would mean not doing it with the intent of marriage, and it being more of a gesture than anything else, perhaps even without any real intent of buying the house. It reminds me of this song actually.

[video="youtube;LHacDYj8KZM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHacDYj8KZM[/video]
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by sebe0062
you drive a BMW, the fact that shes acting non interested means shes looking for bigger fish

Women aren't really that shallow. All he has to do is have a chance to actually make the move, that way he'll know for sure whether or not she'll be interested.

Truth is, until you get that first shot then anything can happen.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending