Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Blackbox insurance watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Can people help me make a list of black box insurance companies and your experiences thanks.

ReputationRep:
    If you are confused, why not compare the market?

http://www.confused.com/car-insurance/black-box
    http://www.gocompare.com/ps/car/blac...insurance.aspx
    etc
    etc

ReputationRep:
    Got a black box now. Not worth it - you've got to do the speed limit everywhere, absolute b*stard cannot wait till I get mine off!!!!! Wish I'd paid the extra £200 to not have one!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IAMADAM27)
    Got a black box now. Not worth it - you've got to do the speed limit everywhere, absolute b*stard cannot wait till I get mine off!!!!! Wish I'd paid the extra £200 to not have one!!
    Having gone through the "Must get there as fast as possible" era of my life I now drive at the speed limit. I find I arrive no sooner or later than I did before and save a bunch of petrol / cash in with the deal.

It is amusing when cycling out and about and in town that even a lowly bicycle can keep up with the most testosterone induced, heavy right-footed alpha male in his go-faster-stripped Corsa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    Having gone through the "Must get there as fast as possible" era of my life I now drive at the speed limit. I find I arrive no sooner or later than I did before and save a bunch of petrol / cash in with the deal.

It is amusing when cycling out and about and in town that even a lowly bicycle can keep up with the most testosterone induced, heavy right-footed alpha male in his go-faster-stripped Corsa.
    Prick. Cyclists are the cholesterol in the blood stream that is the British highways (Bants) Maybs if you bought a decent car, like a Subaru or a decent Mitsubishi, you'd get there quicker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IAMADAM27)
    Prick. Cyclists are the cholesterol in the blood stream that is the British highways (Bants) Maybs if you bought a decent car, like a Subaru or a decent Mitsubishi, you'd get there quicker
    Ha! How would a Subaru or Mitsubishi be able to navigate a traffic jam any faster than the car I have at present?

Of course I would be more than happy to give up my daily commute by bike and make your roads even more congested.

ReputationRep:
    Depends where you live... I live in the Snowdonia region (Wales), so the only traffic jams I see are caused by the local farmer herding sheep down the road...

ReputationRep:
    I just had a black box fitted to my golf. acorn insurance price was over £2000 cheaper than any other insurance company took the guy 20 minutes to fit it behind my dashboard and he sorted some messi spliced wires out for me for free. i'll let you guys know what this policy is like
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by James780)
    Can people help me make a list of black box insurance companies and your experiences thanks.
    Personally I wouldn't touch one with a barge pole. They are more trouble than they are worth.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 15, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.