Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

University Relationships watch

Announcements

Not trying to sound pessimistic but, is there really any point in having a relationship in uni?

Just seems like pulling is the main thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    lots of educated, wealthy and generally high value long term partner potential if you go to the right one so absolutely

(Original post by whorace)
    lots of educated, wealthy and generally high value long term partner potential if you go to the right one so absolutely
    But isn't that a clique route? I can see the educated part being a plus, but i just don't see most thinking about the long term partner side.

I appreciate your input though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    But isn't that a clique route? I can see the educated part being a plus, but i just don't see most thinking about the long term partner side.

I appreciate your input though
    I have several friends at university who have explicitly told me their father told them to find a boyfriend... some of them are rather wealthy, it's about different perspectives of relationships, to many the idea of status and pragmatic marriages exist rather than 'love'.

(Original post by whorace)
    I have several friends at university who have explicitly told me their father told them to find a boyfriend... some of them are rather wealthy, it's about different perspectives of relationships, to many the idea of status and pragmatic marriages exist rather than 'love'.
    Fair enough, good point. Being said, i understand and agree perspective does play a part. But in reality, some do look for that but bump into the more common *******s which dim down their expectations. Because, most don't want to be tied down as of now, since uni is the peak of everyone's social life in one way or the other.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't want to be "tied down" then don't, but some people want a relationship so just let them have one

ReputationRep:
    I'm not actively looking for a relationship, I'm looking to date and have fun... if I find a girl I like and go on a few dates and find out she's amazing, then I'll let it turn into a relationship naturally.

Bottom line is that it is a good idea so long as you know what you want.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    There is no right or wrong, I have known a couple people who met at University who are now married.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 4, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.