Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

England Penalty taker? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Who should be taking england's pentalties? Beckham shouldn't be thats for sure, he doesnt take them for his club so why should he do it for his country? He only ever goes to the left and its not very convincing. Who should be taking the penalties and do you think Beckham will stop taking them now?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james101)
    Who should be taking england's pentalties? Beckham shouldn't be thats for sure, he doesnt take them for his club so why should he do it for his country? He only ever goes to the left and its not very convincing. Who should be taking the penalties and do you think Beckham will stop taking them now?

Thanks.
    no one else can take pens apart from becks, as rubbish as he is at it. owen's missed his last whatever number of penalties and i've never anyone else in the team who takes penalties for their club

ReputationRep:
    If England had one last night then people would probably be arselicking Beckham though.

ReputationRep:
    Owen sould take them. I doubt Beckham will stop taking them.

ReputationRep:
    i think rooney should have had a go (was he still on at that piont?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    i think rooney should have had a go (was he still on at that piont?)
    yeah, hes the one that tripped over

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 6 String)
    yeah, hes the one that tripped over
    oh yeh! exactly - he won it - he should have taken it

ReputationRep:

Thanks.
    thankyou, david beckham shouldn't be taking englands penaltys, the only reason he does is cos he knows if he scores the entirety of the english press will be totally up his bum the next day.

Why can't micheal owen take englands penalties?

oh hopefully someone will listen to you, whenever i mention something like this the only reaction i get is well... **** off scotland aren't even in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 6 String)
    look at my post, owens record aint good
    well rooney then, just let a striker take them.

ReputationRep:
    lampard takes them for chelsea iirc he would be quite good.

But i think Beckham is still the best taker, he did take it against his ex keeper and the one before he tripped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iiikewldude)
    well rooney then, just let a striker take them.
    if you're a striker, doesnt mean you can take good penalties. i dont think we have a natural penalty taker since shearer left.

ReputationRep:
    beckham the best taker? you must be joking its pathetic, when he takes them he takes half the ground with him. Yeah Lampard should take them, anyone that takes them for there club should be a possibility, Beckham doesn't so why should he?

ReputationRep:
    Darius takes them for villa, don't think he has missed one yet. Doubt they would like a substitute take a penalty of such importance though, would cause more of an outrage than Beckham missing.

Stevie Gerrard is also a candidate, but didn't have the greatest of games

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Owen sould take them. I doubt Beckham will stop taking them.
    Obviously you've never seen Owen's penalties. He doesn't know how to take one and usually just taps it into the hands of the keeper!

I would get Scholes to take it. He's got the cheek and nerve to take a penalty really well.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Liverpool supporter and even I don't think Owen should take the penalties. He's not even first choice for Liverpool any more (Danny Murphy is when he's on the pitch - he's never missed a pen!) I don't know who should take them. I understand why Beckham did, although he's pens are never the best

ReputationRep:
    thats probaly the only way scholes will get an international goal, i would probaly choose lampard. I hope beckham stops taking the penalties, scoring them is more important rather than beckham trying to be a hero taking them, he should think about that. Anyway Rooney had a great game, amaxing skill, lets hope we see that again in the other games.

ReputationRep:

Thanks.
    beckham takes penalties cos if u havent noticed beckham is the entire team,
    "Oh whose gonna take the corner?"
    BECKHAM
    "Oh whose gonna take the free kick?"
    BECKHAM
    "Oh whose gonna take the Penalty?"
    BECKHAM
    ***sarcasm used here***

does Sven know there are another 10 players on the field at any one time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicci_babe)
    BECKHAM
    BECKHAM
    BECKHAM
    ***sarcasm used here***

yeah but who else can take set pieces like beckham? we wouldnt have scored if it aint for beckham

ReputationRep:
    he should take the corners, free kicks after all he took the free kick that set up lampard, he shouldn't take the penalties though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicci_babe)
    BECKHAM
    BECKHAM
    BECKHAM
    ***sarcasm used here***

Beckham takes corners and free kicks because he's the best at them

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.