This discussion is closed.
james101
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Who should be taking england's pentalties? Beckham shouldn't be thats for sure, he doesnt take them for his club so why should he do it for his country? He only ever goes to the left and its not very convincing. Who should be taking the penalties and do you think Beckham will stop taking them now?

Thanks.
6 String
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by james101)
Who should be taking england's pentalties? Beckham shouldn't be thats for sure, he doesnt take them for his club so why should he do it for his country? He only ever goes to the left and its not very convincing. Who should be taking the penalties and do you think Beckham will stop taking them now?

Thanks.
no one else can take pens apart from becks, as rubbish as he is at it. owen's missed his last whatever number of penalties and i've never anyone else in the team who takes penalties for their club
icklehc
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
If England had one last night then people would probably be arselicking Beckham though.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Owen sould take them. I doubt Beckham will stop taking them.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i think rooney should have had a go (was he still on at that piont?)
6 String
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
i think rooney should have had a go (was he still on at that piont?)
yeah, hes the one that tripped over
TK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 6 String)
yeah, hes the one that tripped over
oh yeh! exactly - he won it - he should have taken it
iiikewldude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Thanks.
thankyou, david beckham shouldn't be taking englands penaltys, the only reason he does is cos he knows if he scores the entirety of the english press will be totally up his bum the next day.

Why can't micheal owen take englands penalties?

oh hopefully someone will listen to you, whenever i mention something like this the only reaction i get is well... **** off scotland aren't even in it.
iiikewldude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 6 String)
look at my post, owens record aint good
well rooney then, just let a striker take them.
andy_
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
lampard takes them for chelsea iirc he would be quite good.

But i think Beckham is still the best taker, he did take it against his ex keeper and the one before he tripped.
6 String
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by iiikewldude)
well rooney then, just let a striker take them.
if you're a striker, doesnt mean you can take good penalties. i dont think we have a natural penalty taker since shearer left.
james101
Rep:
?
beckham the best taker? you must be joking its pathetic, when he takes them he takes half the ground with him. Yeah Lampard should take them, anyone that takes them for there club should be a possibility, Beckham doesn't so why should he?
wonderboy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Darius takes them for villa, don't think he has missed one yet. Doubt they would like a substitute take a penalty of such importance though, would cause more of an outrage than Beckham missing.

Stevie Gerrard is also a candidate, but didn't have the greatest of games
musiq
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
Owen sould take them. I doubt Beckham will stop taking them.
Obviously you've never seen Owen's penalties. He doesn't know how to take one and usually just taps it into the hands of the keeper!

I would get Scholes to take it. He's got the cheek and nerve to take a penalty really well.
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm a Liverpool supporter and even I don't think Owen should take the penalties. He's not even first choice for Liverpool any more (Danny Murphy is when he's on the pitch - he's never missed a pen!) I don't know who should take them. I understand why Beckham did, although he's pens are never the best
james101
Rep:
?
thats probaly the only way scholes will get an international goal, i would probaly choose lampard. I hope beckham stops taking the penalties, scoring them is more important rather than beckham trying to be a hero taking them, he should think about that. Anyway Rooney had a great game, amaxing skill, lets hope we see that again in the other games.
Nicci_babe
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Thanks.
beckham takes penalties cos if u havent noticed beckham is the entire team,
"Oh whose gonna take the corner?"
BECKHAM
"Oh whose gonna take the free kick?"
BECKHAM
"Oh whose gonna take the Penalty?"
BECKHAM
***sarcasm used here***

does Sven know there are another 10 players on the field at any one time
6 String
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Nicci_babe)
BECKHAM
BECKHAM
BECKHAM
***sarcasm used here***

yeah but who else can take set pieces like beckham? we wouldnt have scored if it aint for beckham
james101
Rep:
?
he should take the corners, free kicks after all he took the free kick that set up lampard, he shouldn't take the penalties though.
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Nicci_babe)
BECKHAM
BECKHAM
BECKHAM
***sarcasm used here***

Beckham takes corners and free kicks because he's the best at them
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (52)
43.7%
Take exams next summer (23)
19.33%
Change uni choice through clearing (29)
24.37%
Apply to uni next year instead (12)
10.08%
I'm not applying to university (3)
2.52%

Watched Threads