Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    beckam also missed the one against turkey

ReputationRep:
    Switzerland 0-0 Croatia a good result for England yeah? cause we win next 2 and we're through. or assuming france win both their remaining, we can afford a win and then a draw for 2nd place

ReputationRep:
    yeah thats right, i just can't wait to see rooney play again, he was so skillful in that game, scholes probaly wont play thursday because of an injury he got but i wouldn't worry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)
    Surely all teams do than regularly anyway?
    Do they?? I remember at the last world cup...i read an article about how Germany did practice penalty taking regularly....but they were the only major footballing nation to do so...maybe things have changed since then

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    i think rooney should have had a go (was he still on at that piont?)
    I agree that boy doesnt know the meaning of the word pressure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james101)
    yeah thats right, i just can't wait to see rooney play again, he was so skillful in that game, scholes probaly wont play thursday because of an injury he got but i wouldn't worry.
    yeah same here

it's been a long time since we've had a player so entertaining to watch, he is simply awesome.

Scholes will be no great loss, we just play hargreaves and push Lampard further forward

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious narb)
    beckham and owen are crap at pens

rooney is too young to have that sort of pressure, let scholes have a go
    Svholes, the player who hasn't scored for england for 2 years? I don't agree. You can't have anyone who could be lower on confidence than him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leeroy)
    I agree that boy doesnt know the meaning of the word pressure
    At the age of 18, a player is quite often fearless, and doen't care who the opposition is. He has the belief. It was exactly the same with Owen.

ReputationRep:
    have you heard the news that Beckham has confirmed he will continue to take england's penalties! Noooooooooooooooooooo

Theres no hope, why can't he see that he is rubish at taking them, we don't want him to miss one from now on and then decide not to take them again let someone else take them please!

ReputationRep:
    he said that he will carry on taking them so i guess it's his decision. If he misses another he will have to let someone else take them, he can't keep missing them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james101)
    have you heard the news that Beckham has confirmed he will continue to take england's penalties! Noooooooooooooooooooo

Theres no hope, why can't he see that he is rubish at taking them, we don't want him to miss one from now on and then decide not to take them again let someone else take them please!

So Becks misses one penalty and all of a sudden he is rubbish at penalties. At the end of the day there is no one else in the squad that I would trust as much as Becks to take a penalty. If we are at all likely to perform well at euro 2004 than it will probably be due in no small part to Becks. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if we got to the final and it came down to penalties with Beckham putting away the winner. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    i still reckon he's the best man for the job

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BoyScout)
    So Becks misses one penalty and all of a sudden he is rubbish at penalties. At the end of the day there is no one else in the squad that I would trust as much as Becks to take a penalty. If we are at all likely to perform well at euro 2004 than it will probably be due in no small part to Becks. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if we got to the final and it came down to penalties with Beckham putting away the winner. :mad:
    Do you watch England play? or do you just believe the press?

ReputationRep:
    yes i do watch England play. why? is there something that i'm missing? cos from what i remember beckham has always delivered. okay he didn't score the penalties against france and turkey, but forgetting the matter of scoring goals he always gives a good performance.

ReputationRep:
    interesting i couldn't be bothered to read it all but not bad, yeah thats true beckham does just smash it towards the goal lol.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.