Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Coping with stress? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm in yr13 and im really struggling with sixth form. We're only in the third day back and ive been ill for one of the days but I'm already dreading geting up and having loads of trouble getting out of bed in the morning and just don't want to go. I find the worlk load really hard to balance- im in school for almost 7 hrs a day 5days a week so i have the timetable of a gcse student but im expected to do all the indepemdent work of an Alevel one plus homework. Also taking art, which sounds like an easy subject (actually in terms of the way they want you to think its the one i find hardest out of art, chem, bio) but is incredibly time demanding, i often dont get any ither work because im there worrying about art. On top of all this theres uni applications to thimk about and i still dont know what i want to do and whilst theres nothing wring with that and there are others in my position, i feel very pressured to make a decision. Ive been struggling with this since thestart of last year, my coping mechanism then was to work until i burned out. These days im trying not to let myself get so stressed but in trying to make time for myself and the things i enjoy, im falling behind in school. I dont know how to handle this and im reaching the end of my tether. Im dreading going in to school and am wondering if anyone has any stress coping tedhniques that will help either day to day or in the long run

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nadnight258)
    I'm in yr13 and im really struggling with sixth form. We're only in the third day back and ive been ill for one of the days but I'm already dreading geting up and having loads of trouble getting out of bed in the morning and just don't want to go. I find the worlk load really hard to balance- im in school for almost 7 hrs a day 5days a week so i have the timetable of a gcse student but im expected to do all the indepemdent work of an Alevel one plus homework. Also taking art, which sounds like an easy subject (actually in terms of the way they want you to think its the one i find hardest out of art, chem, bio) but is incredibly time demanding, i often dont get any ither work because im there worrying about art. On top of all this theres uni applications to thimk about and i still dont know what i want to do and whilst theres nothing wring with that and there are others in my position, i feel very pressured to make a decision. Ive been struggling with this since thestart of last year, my coping mechanism then was to work until i burned out. These days im trying not to let myself get so stressed but in trying to make time for myself and the things i enjoy, im falling behind in school. I dont know how to handle this and im reaching the end of my tether. Im dreading going in to school and am wondering if anyone has any stress coping tedhniques that will help either day to day or in the long run

I'm feeling exactly the same. It's awful, I have re-sits this year and it's really sitting heavily with all my other A2 exams. It's really tough and I absolutely hate school right now. The only way I think to hope with the stress is to get the work done, that's the only thing that works for me. It'a a really tough year!

ReputationRep:
    You could try making a strict schedule for enjoyment and work or perhaps mix the two, for example if you like jogging, you could listen to your mp3 which is playing an audio file for a textbook or what you have recorded of yourself reading out work.

ReputationRep:
    One of the things I do to reduce stress is ensure as much as possible that I have a good night's sleep, so am fairly strict about going to bed at a reasonable time. No staying up for a tv programme (thank you I-Player) or to be on the computer.

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly what you mean as I also take art. To relax, I think staying healthy, listening to calming music and getting enough sleep is definitely the way to go. Make sure that you do all your work early so that you won't feel like you have to stay up to do that work.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 6, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.