Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Did any of you current students go to that 'CARNAGE' thing last night on Broad Street? The place was swarming with Brum students in white t-shirts with a venue ticklist on the back. There weren't any carnagees in the place I went to, the dress code did for that. :cool: Although I couldn't help but feel isolated when I went for chips with a mate at the end, we seemed to be the only people in a packed chippy who weren't carnagees, lol.

Was it an organised p*ss-up to mark the end of the year and were all years there?

ReputationRep:
    Is there anything to do with Freshers Week which doesn't involved alcohol :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    Is there anything to do with Freshers Week which doesn't involved alcohol :confused:
    I don't think so, last year there were club tours and parties in the bars in the Guild.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    I don't think so, last year there were club tours and parties in the bars in the Guild.
    Thats not good because I don't drink

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    Thats not good because I don't drink
    Yeah, it's kinda sucky. I didn't go on the club tour, but did go to two of the parties at the Guild. You don't have to drink alcohol, they still sell non-alcoholic stuff too . Remember to go to the societies fair, so you can join stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yipee)
    oo this sounds fun, i wonder if there is a society of lazy buggars

i'll be joining that one. :rolleyes:
    If there isn't I'm sure you could create one. Then again maybe you can't be bothered! :rolleyes:

Currently I organise almost everything that me and my mates do so it'll be nice to have someone else to organise it for a change. I'm really looking forward to the pub crawls though - there arn't as many cllubs as I would like here in Stoke (though we still have a better night life than some might be lead to belieave).

ReputationRep:
    Gits !

Freshers Fortnight ! :eek: (Sep 18th - Oct 3rd)

Just remember to leave some money for books and food !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    Gits !

Freshers Fortnight ! :eek: (Sep 18th - Oct 3rd)

Just remember to leave some money for books and food !
    I didn't think we got there untill something like the 30th of september.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    I didn't think we got there untill something like the 30th of september.
    It must be before the 30th, as the first day of term is the 27th.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and we will get there before term starts as well won't we - I forgot about that - just saw the 1st day of term from last year.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I moved in on something like the 24th.

ReputationRep:
    hey randdom, i dont drink either, but it'll still be fun! dont worry about it, ive bin out with my mates and theyve got completely sloshed and its stil bin fun! theres loadsa other stuff to do im sure! i know quite a few ppl going this yr 2 bham who dont drink so ure not alone!

anna xx

ReputationRep:
    oh yea, was gonna ask aswel, what courses u all doin? im doin dentistry hopefully!

anna xx

ReputationRep:
    Mates I'll have a question; excuse my naivity
    Does the Fresher Week continue after the term starts? It does as far as I can see. But full-time joy shrinks to part-time joy? Didn't get

And what happens at the Week? Can some of you plz outline the overall thng? Well parties are evident...But what sort and what else is available?
    Since the website is down I can't get any information

thanks

ReputationRep:
    I can't really remember much of what happened during Freshers Week tbh. Besides the parties at the Guild, there was a club tour, societies fair. At may hall, they had a few things organised too (block night out, a Freshers formal which I missed). You'll probably have an introductory talk within your department as well, registration and the MOMD fair (module outside main discipline, if you get to do any.. not all courses do).

ReputationRep:
    Nick (Nylex)... not drinking... I'm sure my photos tell a completely different story at that formal

You may also be pleased to know that I did the classic "job lot eBay purchase" the other day, resulting in me buying 10 pairs of designer sunglasses. 2 pairs are Burberry HAHAHAHA!!!!

I so look like a Brummie now.

Tim C.

ReputationRep:
    I was talking to a 2nd year Exeter student the other day and they said during Freshers week the best advice he could give was stay away from all 2nd and 3rd year students because they have competitions how many girls they can bed. He said it's the same at all uni's and for some reason freshers are always keen...(as well as drunk)

Anyway I just wanted to know how true this is, I'm not too bothered I just want to know if it's a myth or not.

ReputationRep:
    Can't say I know if that's true or not, though I hadn't heard anything like that happening last year. If it does happen this year, I won't be taking part for sure.

ReputationRep:
    You never go out, so you definately won't be taking part!!!!

From what I've heard the myth is "true" -- at least, I've heard it also. Whether it is just a myth, or reality, remains to be seen. Anything can happen when the alcohol flows!!

Tim.

ReputationRep:
    hopefully this myth turns out 2 be reality when im there......

just kidding....

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.