Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    so, for my A2 biology, I have 3 teachers, the strict teacher, the fun teacher and the new teacher. I decided early on I wont resit my AS as it will put so much stress on me and I only want the extra a level to get into unis after my gap year. the strict teacher however has set up compulsory workshops during my free period on the day I don't have biology for an hour and a half redoing AS for the resit. my problem is this: I don't want to spend an hour and a half with a teacher who doesn't like me, who cant teach me like the fun one can, for an exam i'm not even doing. its parents evening tomorrow and im telling my mum that I don't want to go as I wont get anything out of it because since I don't want to be there, I wont pay attention or put the effort in. and if my teacher (its either fun, strict or both) says about, I am saying that I don't want to do it. how do you think my teacher will respond, and how do I convince them that I don't want to resit or attend these workshops.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair the only reaction i could see coming from that, seeing as a friend tried it, is that you kind of get done over. The teacher may or may not take it personally but considering he/she is 'strict' s/he will probably tell you to quit the class? Your points are valid but teachers don't look at it like that, they see it as their time that they are putting in and may or may not be offended, just be super careful and clear about your wording, itll make the difference! Good luck :P

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.