Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, it's been a long time since I've been on here!

Quick rundown: Had GCSEs of 1A*,4A,~4-5B,1C. Left school at 17 to run my own business, 1 term into 6th form, so no AS/A2 levels. Have been working for myself since then. Member of Toastmasters for ~1.5 years, also member of SJA (that took about 8-9 months, so low level at the moment, but I should be AFA by end of February). Have attended a wide variety of incidents due in part to dad being a GP. I drive.

Stupidly, I've let other things get in the way a bit (partly from planning to go down the access route, but delaying it due to costs). So now I'm trying to frantically pick A levels, in the hope that I'll manage in time for May entry (if I fail on that, then I'll go for September).

First clear choice is IT, I've looked at the past papers in that, and I know I can get an A in that without too much effort. Which leaves 2 remaining A levels, which may be more tricky.

Does anyone know if Greenwich (I'm thinking Avery Hill Campus) has any preferences in regards to subjects? I notice they don't mention any requirement of a natural science. Could I for example go with Business Studies as a second A level (another one that might be a bit more difficult, but still doable to get an acceptable grade), and then for the third, another 'blacklisted' subject? Would something like biology, or maths, make up for the other 2? Or are my chances slim without picking at least 2 'golden' subjects?

If anyone has any experience with their admissions process, or that for Paramedic Science in general, it'd be really really helpful

ReputationRep:
    I would go for the access, if you are over 24 it's paid for by student finance in a loan format which gets written of if you complete your degree. I did one last year and now studying at teesside. 😄.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 4, 2015
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.