The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Offer holders/ applicants for 2016 entry

Hi got an offer for pol and IR, happy, was wondering what other people are getting...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just got mine for linguistics!!
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Unconditional for English Lit and Lang at University of Birmingham and Unconditional for English at Birmingham City University
Conditional offer for Marketing Management!
Reply 4
Offer for Comp Sci!
Original post by Reader106
Unconditional for English Lit and Lang at University of Birmingham and Unconditional for English at Birmingham City University

That's awesome, congrats! I want to apply for English Language but I haven't sent my UCAS off yet. If you don't mind me asking, how did you manage to get an unconditional offer? Like what kinds of things have you done/put in to get that? I'm trying to make my statement as perfect as possible so any advice would be great.
Original post by wickedisgood
That's awesome, congrats! I want to apply for English Language but I haven't sent my UCAS off yet. If you don't mind me asking, how did you manage to get an unconditional offer? Like what kinds of things have you done/put in to get that? I'm trying to make my statement as perfect as possible so any advice would be great.

I had average AS grades at ABBB but my PS was great, no to sound arrogant! You need to show the admissions how strong of an applicant you are. What makes you dofferent from the other 1000 other applicante who are applying for the same course? You need to show confidence and not come accross as arrogant. It's easy to get the grades but its your PS that makes it personal. You need to outshine other applicants. This can also be achieved through your predicted grades,your reference or your AS grades. For example, I'm predicted AAA and the entry req. For Birm City Univeristy is BBC. I also know that UoB only offer unvondtional offers in some subject areas which are generally the arts. Get loads of opinions on your PS but never ever everrrrrrrr post it online. How good your PS is subjective so its always a plus to have a variery of views. What are you applying for? What are your AS grades? PM if you have any concerns x
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TrojanH
Offer for Comp Sci!

I got an offer today.. Msci computer science with industrial exp
Reply 8
Original post by European100
Hi got an offer for pol and IR, happy, was wondering what other people are getting...

I've also applied for pol and IR! Not received an offer yet, if you don't mind me asking what did you get at AS and how long did it take for you to get an offer?
Reply 9
I got an offer about a week ago for Earth and Environmental Science, which I am really happy about as Lancaster is my first choice. However, I also received an unconditional offer from UEA (providing I set them as my firm choice), which I don't want to turn down. I will probably wait it out to see if any other universities I have applied to will give me an unconditional offer (which is unlikely, I know), but does anyone have any advice on what I should do?
Reply 10
Original post by iallhalocin
Conditional offer for Marketing Management!

Well Done! From where?
Original post by DannyG1
Well Done! From where?

From Hong Kong! Applied with IB. ^_^
I have a conditional offer for Marketing!
I've got a conditional offer for Maths & Philosophy :smile: well done to everyone! x
Congrats all on your offers :smile: I have just got one for physics with study abroad, hope to see you all there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
I have an offer for Law :smile:
Reply 16
Got an offer for accounting and economics 😅, happy with it but I intended on applying for accounting and finance.
Original post by saxilbyoli
Congrats all on your offers :smile: I have just got one for physics with study abroad, hope to see you all there!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wait did you get an offer without an interview?
Original post by FramedCuriosity
Wait did you get an offer without an interview?

I had an interview last wednesday, for me it was just a chat about my EPQ though which was nice - ended up getting an AAA offer with an A in my EPQ :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by saxilbyoli
I had an interview last wednesday, for me it was just a chat about my EPQ though which was nice - ended up getting an AAA offer with an A in my EPQ :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh right. Well done! I've applied for the same course

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending