The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Help! I don't understand the fee status questionnaire

Hi! I'm struggling to fill this in, and I'm not quite sure what this form is asking for. There is a section about residence information, and it talks about stating where you have lived during the 'relevant period'. What does that mean? Does it want me to fill this out with everywhere I have ever lived or just where I have lived in the last 3 years? Also, I am a permanent resident of the UK but I lived in Spain 8 years ago, do I need to put this down considering I was born in the UK and only lived in Spain for 3 years? I know that my fee status is 'UK national who is normally resident in UK' and I don't know how to get this across in the form. Also do the dates it asks for have to be exact, because I only have rough dates. Basically I don't want to be accused of fraud, please help me!
I can't be the only one finding this confusing...

Thank you
Original post by Door4242564
Hi! I'm struggling to fill this in, and I'm not quite sure what this form is asking for. There is a section about residence information, and it talks about stating where you have lived during the 'relevant period'. What does that mean? Does it want me to fill this out with everywhere I have ever lived or just where I have lived in the last 3 years? Also, I am a permanent resident of the UK but I lived in Spain 8 years ago, do I need to put this down considering I was born in the UK and only lived in Spain for 3 years? I know that my fee status is 'UK national who is normally resident in UK' and I don't know how to get this across in the form. Also do the dates it asks for have to be exact, because I only have rough dates. Basically I don't want to be accused of fraud, please help me!
I can't be the only one finding this confusing...

Thank you

Most forms should specify how long the 'relevant period' should be - 5 years springs to mind but I'm not sure. I did a fee status questionnaire for Edinburgh that just asked for any dates regarding living in a country outside the UK, so I think if you just enter the information about living in Spain it should be fine (unless the form's changed since last year). With dates, just putting the month and year if you have them should be fine. If there's anything super specific on the form that you're really stuck on, there's no harm in contacting the relevant people to ask - they should be happy to help :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by lightwoXd
Most forms should specify how long the 'relevant period' should be - 5 years springs to mind but I'm not sure. I did a fee status questionnaire for Edinburgh that just asked for any dates regarding living in a country outside the UK, so I think if you just enter the information about living in Spain it should be fine (unless the form's changed since last year). With dates, just putting the month and year if you have them should be fine. If there's anything super specific on the form that you're really stuck on, there's no harm in contacting the relevant people to ask - they should be happy to help :smile:

Hey thanks! If I get this a little bit wrong by accident, does it matter? Can I just dispute my status later?
Reply 3
I just called and got things sorted, hopefully what I've done is right! Thanks for the help :smile:
Original post by Door4242564
I just called and got things sorted, hopefully what I've done is right! Thanks for the help :smile:

Glad to hear everything's sorted! No problem at all, just happy to be able to help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending