Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Anyone else got an offer for Leeds, and are going to an applicant day? What subject did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    Hi there! I recently received a letter inviting me to an application day for Computer Science, but the letter doesn't mention anything about an offer, does this mean I have a conditional or have they not came to a decision yet? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoreyFielding)
    Hi there! I recently received a letter inviting me to an application day for Computer Science, but the letter doesn't mention anything about an offer, does this mean I have a conditional or have they not came to a decision yet? Thanks
    Hey, I just received my invitation to an applicants day for computer science too and it seems like they make offers after the day if you can go, otherwise it is based off your UCAS application.

ReputationRep:
    I've got an offer but I've applied for deferred entry in 2017! Does anyone know if I have to go to applicant day this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ginnymay)
    I've got an offer but I've applied for deferred entry in 2017! Does anyone know if I have to go to applicant day this year?
    I got my invitation through the mail so I assume you only go if you got the invitation.

ReputationRep:
    I got an invitation in the post yesterday inviting me to the Civil Eng applicant day on 25/11. What sort of things should I expect and what is the appropriate dress code?

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, I'm going for physics

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer for PPE and my applicant day is the 27th. Anyone else thinking of putting Leeds a their firm?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi I got an interview so far and an applicant visit day invitation. I applied for Physics with Astrophysics. Did anyone have the interview already if so I would like to know what it was like was their many people interviewing you or just one person and also the types of questions asked. i feel really underprepared and this would really help thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fading_away97)
    Hi I got an interview so far and an applicant visit day invitation. I applied for Physics with Astrophysics. Did anyone have the interview already if so I would like to know what it was like was their many people interviewing you or just one person and also the types of questions asked. i feel really underprepared and this would really help thanks
    Not been for interview at Leeds but have at Manchester and was kind of taken aback by just how chill it was. The man interviewing me hadn't read my personal statement and barely listened to what I said, and everyone who went (plus some who didn't) got an offer. It was basically just another open day but for people who were definitely considering going. So I've got no specific advice but don't stress too much! Maybe just note down why you want to do your course & a few things you're particularly interested in. You should probably reread your personal statement as well.

Also...
    I've got a conditional offer which I'm going to make my firm. It's for Mathematical Studies so I get to do 2/3 maths and 1/3 'other stuff' (French and Arabic modules for me ☺️) which is pretty much my perfect course so yay! I'm going to a visit day on 23rd February x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khaleesi98)
    Not been for interview at Leeds but have at Manchester and was kind of taken aback by just how chill it was. The man interviewing me hadn't read my personal statement and barely listened to what I said, and everyone who went (plus some who didn't) got an offer. It was basically just another open day but for people who were definitely considering going. So I've got no specific advice but don't stress too much! Maybe just note down why you want to do your course & a few things you're particularly interested in. You should probably reread your personal statement as well.

Also...
    I've got a conditional offer which I'm going to make my firm. It's for Mathematical Studies so I get to do 2/3 maths and 1/3 'other stuff' (French and Arabic modules for me ☺️) which is pretty much my perfect course so yay! I'm going to a visit day on 23rd February x
    Thanks for the advise
    Congrats on the offer sounds interesting.

ReputationRep:
    Hey I am applying for Physics at Leeds and have been invited to an applicant day, I was wondering what kinda questions were asked in the interview thanks

ReputationRep:
    Going to the applicant day for computer science on the 1st of Feb. I believe that if you go you get considered above those that don't but that was just something I was told my another student.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.