Turn on thread page Beta

19 year old dating 15 year old watch

Could the relationship work if the guy was at uni and the girl was in year 11

ReputationRep:
    She's underage isn't she?

ReputationRep:
    Why would you want to do this, just no.
    Sure, you'll get people saying "oh this worked for so-and-so and they lasted so go for it', but in reality relationships between two people at that age are VERY unlikely to work out.
    It's also illegal to do anything sexual with a 15 year old.
    However supposedly mature a 15 year old may claim to be, they're really not.
    As a 20 year old myself, i cant even comprehend going out with someone four years younger than me, it's just gross. They will be in a completely different stage of life, not even completed their gcses for heavens sake.
    Also i cant imagine anyone you know will be pleased by the relationship, you're effectively going out with a child it's just wrong.
    Also you have to question a 19 year old's motives for going out with a 15 year old - why cant he/she find someone their own age?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I

(Original post by Anonymous)
    If there's grass on the pitch, you're ready to play son.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiquidGold)
    Why would you want to do this, just no.
    Sure, you'll get people saying "oh this worked for so-and-so and they lasted so go for it', but in reality relationships between two people at that age are VERY unlikely to work out.
    It's also illegal to do anything sexual with a 15 year old.
    However supposedly mature a 15 year old may claim to be, they're really not.
    As a 20 year old myself, i cant even comprehend going out with someone four years younger than me, it's just gross. They will be in a completely different stage of life, not even completed their gcses for heavens sake.
    Also i cant imagine anyone you know will be pleased by the relationship, you're effectively going out with a child it's just wrong.
    Also you have to question a 19 year old's motives for going put with a 15 year old - why cant he/she find someone their own age?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    completely agree with you on this, she's just a child.. leave her

ReputationRep:
    It's fine if you're a cretin.

ReputationRep:
    well you know... it's pretty damn illegal. also i agree with the other comment, it would be inconvenient as hell

ReputationRep:
    OK this happened to a pretty good friend of mine. She started seeing a 19 year old guy. All he really wanted from her was sex. Just be careful when it comes to older people!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Are u the 15 yr old girl? Or the 19 yr old guy? :curious:

Just don't do it mate, there could be repercussions. It's illegal, no point going to prison and going on the sex offenders' register. Wait for her/him to be legal, well until they are at least legal and mature for a relationship with someone older than them. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    I find it most saddening that people nowadays immediately assume that for two people to date, sex must be involved.

ReputationRep:
    This seems very creepy. I'm not sure how a year 11 could have the experience (in life, not simply sexually) to have stimulating conversations with a 19 year old. One must be very mature and the other very immature.

I don't think this is a good idea. The power issues of one being a fully fledged adult, and the other not being able to do most things adults can do...

ReputationRep:
    Go for it.

I was exactly like you, same age, the girl was 15 (later turned 16)

We would flirt like hell. It's not pedophilla, its natural go with it.

Probably the only girl i missed a chance to sleep with

ReputationRep:
    Maybe wait until she's 16? Just so there aren't any problems!

(Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    I find it most saddening that people nowadays immediately assume that for two people to date, sex must be involved.
    It's really annoying. Apparently it's practically a 'friendship' if they aren't having sex.
    If that's the case, then what are friends with benefits for??

ReputationRep:
    It's illegal..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawbAri)
    Apparently it's practically a 'friendship' if they aren't having sex.
    Well ****. Does that mean that my relationship isn't real? :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Wait 1 or 2 years at least.

ReputationRep:
    Could wait until they're 16 but it depends on the people, still. You could be at different stages of you life and a relationship might not work out at that time.

ReputationRep:
    honestly i dont see a problem with this as long as they do not get sexual as she is still underage. age is not important if he really cares about her

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.