Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    OK, so we've been told to think about our dissertation topic and I've come up with a few ideas. I have no idea what I want to do when I finish uni other than that I want to do something biology related so that doesn't help!
    My ideas are:
    -Bees: parasites (varroa mites etc), ecology (the effects of commercial honey bees on wild bees), the effect of beekeeping on wild bees, neonicotinoids
    Fish: I have 2 goldfish and reading about them is fascinating so maybe the effects of parasites, pollution or overexploitation on fish populations
    -Music: I play the violin so was thinking I could link something to that but I think that would be more psychology based
    -Fist aid: I'm a first aider so was thinking I could link something to that

Personally, I think that something bee based would be a good idea as it could be linked to lab work or conservation which are areas I am interested in working in. Also, there has been a wide array of research into honey bees.

Obviously I would need to narrow down the topics! What do you think? What are your ideas for your dissertation?
    Thank you
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Undergrads typically don't come up with their own research projects unless you have special permission to do so, a willing supervisor and a well developed idea. Your best bet is to find out exactly what the process is at your uni and talk to potential supervisors. You'll most likely end up choosing from a list of available projects. This will probably be your first real research project so don't worry too much about what you want to do later. Focus on gaining research skills and learning techniques.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 5, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.