x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I'm setting up a new TSR initiative where we pay our members for using their photos in our promotional materials. The more we use, the more you can earn.

Here are all of the details: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...-Photographers

You don't need to be a photographer, you just need to have some interesting or cool looking photos of student life. You've probably already got tonnes of them on your Instagram or Facebook accounts.

Jack

ReputationRep:
    wow, good idea guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RevisionNad)
    wow, good idea guys
    Thanks - it's pretty easy as we just want normal, real life photos. Not overly styled photos by a pro-photographer. Can be pics of anything, your desk, your food, you, your mates, your campus, your area, notes etc. Whatever.

So you can probably make £20 - £30 just by submitting a handful of 6-7 photos you already have on your phone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    So you can probably make £20 - £30 just by submitting a handful of 6-7 photos you already have on your phone
    These stock photo theoretical earnings always crack me up. I'd wager that the chance of a single person on this forum having six photos you'd be willing to pay for is close to nil.

I assume this is confidential information but is there any chance of letting us know how much you've already paid to how many people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    These stock photo theoretical earnings always crack me up. I'd wager that the chance of a single person on this forum having six photos you'd be willing to pay for is close to nil.

I assume this is confidential information but is there any chance of letting us know how much you've already paid to how many people?
    Why do you say that? we're after real life photos, not arty ones, so it's pretty likely someone could earn a lot from this.

So far we haven't paid anyone because very few people have taken part

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    Why do you say that? we're after real life photos, not arty ones, so it's pretty likely someone could earn a lot from this.

So far we haven't paid anyone because very few people have taken part
    A lot of beginner photographers I know of thought they would be kings of stock photography only to find themselves earning a couple of pounds per month at best despite eye-catching theoretical calculations presented by stock photo websites, so I a saw a bit of a parallel there. I know for sure you wouldn't pay 30 quid for the contents of my phone… :teehee:

Anyway, it's actually commendable that you'd rather give the money to your users than buy directly from commercial websites so I hope they'll eventually start doing this rather than just passively trying their luck with Amazon voucher competitions.

Cheers for the straight answer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    A lot of beginner photographers I know of thought they would be kings of stock photography only to find themselves earning a couple of pounds per month at best despite eye-catching theoretical calculations presented by stock photo websites, so I a saw a bit of a parallel there. I know for sure you wouldn't pay 30 quid for the contents of my phone… :teehee:

Anyway, it's actually commendable that you'd rather give the money to your users than buy directly from commercial websites so I hope they'll eventually start doing this rather than just passively trying their luck with Amazon voucher competitions.

Cheers for the straight answer!
    Thanks the funny thing is, we probably are after the sort of photos you have! We genuinely just want normal every day photos of nights out, trips, areas around where you study etc. Nothing special, just normal photos.

Do the photos have to be of student life only? Or do you have specific photo prompts? Captain Jack
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Haha most my photos are either of my food (which is the usual pizza/chicken and chips kinda thing) or night photos of my uni...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawbAri)
    Do the photos have to be of student life only? Or do you have specific photo prompts? Captain Jack
    Nope, can be of any aspect of your life! Food, objects, scenes, nights out, friends, etc. Whatever! Think about the diverse discussion on TSR, it covers everything and anything. The best thing is to add them to Flickr and then we will go through and favourite the ones that are suitable to give you a good idea. We really need photos of people mainly at the moemnt. Could be you and your friends on holiday, a night out, just chilling, whatevs

(Original post by mobbsy91)
    Haha most my photos are either of my food (which is the usual pizza/chicken and chips kinda thing) or night photos of my uni...
    THOSE are the sort of photos we want!

ReputationRep:
    Worthwhile adding a note on the privacy of individuals captured in images? Random people may not want to have pictures of them published online and it'd be sensible to get permission from them before submitting.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.