Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, guys!

Is there anyone here who has taken elective modules at UCL who could shed any light on them at all? I have heard little bits here and there, and I've searched a bit online, but unfortunately I've found nothing definitive.

Are they available on all courses, or are they limited? And are they worth doing?

Thanks for your time!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hey

I studied psychology and was allowed 2 electives first year and 1 elective second year

Most courses offer modules you can take as electives, but this is restricted on your course by timetabling - but you can choose from about 3/4 modules per course (e.g. anthropology, philosophy, biology etc.)

You will only know what's available until you start the course

And are they worth doing - well for my course anyway they were compulsory

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Hey

I studied psychology and was allowed 2 electives first year and 1 elective second year

Most courses offer modules you can take as electives, but this is restricted on your course by timetabling - but you can choose from about 3/4 modules per course (e.g. anthropology, philosophy, biology etc.)

You will only know what's available until you start the course

And are they worth doing - well for my course anyway they were compulsory
    This is everything I wanted to know! Thank you so much for your time! :-)

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.