The Student Room Group

Could cheerleading help to challenge gender stereotypes?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal
Avoided the trap nicely there I must say

what do you mean?
Original post by JD1lla
what do you mean?

by specifying straight men
Reply 22
by specifying straight men

As in, what trap? Am I being stupid I feel like it's really obvious haha
Original post by JD1lla
As in, what trap? Am I being stupid I feel like it's really obvious haha

I just found it amusing how you specified straight men rather than just typing men.
Reply 24
I just found it amusing how you specified straight men rather than just typing men.

I didn't mean it in an offensive way. But how many straight guys are there in cheerleading is a question I'd like to know.
Original post by JD1lla
I didn't mean it in an offensive way. But how many straight guys are there in cheerleading is a question I'd like to know.

That was my point, I don't actually want to get into any debate around stereotypes of gay men because I dislike homophobic attitudes, but cheerleading is so girly that you just know it will be gay men who enjoy that sort of female environment.
Original post by JD1lla
Ratio of straight males to females in cheerleading?

You do realise people are not forced to reveal their sexualities for statistics? 50:50 teams all over the world are certainly not going to all have high proportions of gay members. Particularly from Asia.
Feel free to answer the same in regards to football or rugby (I'll give you a hint.. you can't!)
Just for example, none of the male cheerleaders I knew were gay though, and they could twizzle half the puny blokes here around with ease :':wink:

That was my point, I don't actually want to get into any debate around stereotypes of gay men because I dislike homophobic attitudes, but cheerleading is so girly that you just know it will be gay men who enjoy that sort of female environment.

Why the fascination with gay males in the first place and why have I even entertained even more cluelessness? Got a secret yourself? ;-)

TSR really needs to have IQ tests to join.
(edited 8 years ago)

Challenge anyone who thinks male cheer is prissy to even attempt this :rofl:
Crawl back to your keyboards, puny mortals..
Original post by Inazuma

Why the fascination with gay males in the first place and why have I even entertained even more cluelessness? Got a secret yourself? ;-)

TSR really needs to have IQ tests to join.

I believe that many men who are currently cheerleaders are gay

If I were gay I wouldn't even care, my parents are extremely liberal radical left wingers so it wouldn't bother them.

Original post by Inazuma
Challenge anyone who thinks male cheer is prissy to even attempt this :rofl:Crawl back to your keyboards, puny mortals..
Give me a girl then.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Inazuma
It appears neither the academics nor posters above have any knowledge of cheer, else they'd know that, particularly at high levels, it already is a co-ed sport. (and certainly not full of batons or pompoms - how clueless!)
Simply , a guy who can toss around a girl above his head with such precision is already way above the league of most other guys (especially those in this thread for instance).

Way above the league ? Huh?
Give me a girl then.

Cheer guys get all the gash...
Just sayin..

I believe that many men who are currently cheerleaders are gay

If I were gay I wouldn't even care, my parents are extremely liberal radical left wingers so it wouldn't bother them.

And I know you are pulling an assumption out of your ass thanks to your complete lack of actual insight into the sport. (-:

Original post by TSR Mustafa
Way above the league ? Huh?

See previous photo I posted. I'd say it's pretty enviable.
[video="youtube;RmPGzCNgZXw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmPGzCNgZXw[/video]

Original post by Inazuma
Cheer guys get all the gash...
Just sayin..

And I know you are pulling an assumption out of your ass thanks to your complete lack of actual insight into the sport. (-:

You can't use this to dupe guys into making asses of themselves

Become a cheerguy, you'll get loads of pussy

You can't use this to dupe guys into making asses of themselves

Become a cheerguy, you'll get loads of pussy

Think what you choose, but I've seen it :u:
Original post by Inazuma

Did you stand at the side cheering them on?

S

E

X

Y

You two gonna multiply
Did you stand at the side cheering them on?

S

E

X

Y

You two gonna multiply

Oh dear lord, the images!

But again, we don't chant..
Reply 35
Original post by Inazuma

So merely becoming a 'cheer guy' gets you 'gash'? Nothing to do with their personalities or anything..?

Why are you being so rude/defensive?
Reply 36
Original post by Inazuma

Challenge anyone who thinks male cheer is prissy to even attempt this :rofl:
Crawl back to your keyboards, puny mortals..

Don't the females have to do the same thing when there aren't any guys in the team?
Original post by Inazuma
Oh dear lord, the images!

But again, we don't chant..

Not even gonna mention the stick work.
Reply 38
Not even gonna mention the stick work.

Do you reckon she's a cheerleader?

[video="youtube;jGflUbPQfW8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGflUbPQfW8[/video]
Original post by JD1lla
Do you reckon she's a cheerleader?

[video="youtube;jGflUbPQfW8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGflUbPQfW8[/video]

Well she's always right there... ::rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending