Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hello Everyone,

This is a thread for all our 2016 applicants, please feel free to ask any questions you have and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Chloe

Student Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kingston University)
    Hello Everyone,

This is a thread for all our 2016 applicants, please feel free to ask any questions you have and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Chloe

Student Ambassador
    Hi Chloe!

Any tips for an interview at Kingston for nursing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by 2coolf2456)
    Hi Chloe!

Any tips for an interview at Kingston for nursing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Be yourself and use the qualities you think a good nurse would have.

Good Luck!

Chloe
    Student Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Interested to know how many people are applying to Kingston as a first choice. It's mine, but I was wondering what the figures were like in regards to clearing etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welkom)
    Interested to know how many people are applying to Kingston as a first choice. It's mine, but I was wondering what the figures were like in regards to clearing etc.
    I've applied. What did you apply for and what grades did you apply with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abssy)
    I've applied. What did you apply for and what grades did you apply with?
    Good luck! I'm applying for Journalism with (predicted) grades of DDD, in my first year I got D*D. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Good luck! I'm applying for Journalism with (predicted) grades of DDD, in my first year I got D*D. What about you?
    Ohh nice i'm applying for Building Surveying with A levels predicted BBB,
    Just got an offer from Westminster this morning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abssy)
    Ohh nice i'm applying for Building Surveying with A levels predicted BBB,
    Just got an offer from Westminster this morning
    Congratulations! Where do you want to go most?

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! Where do you want to go most?
    Thanks! Kingston and Westminster appeal to me a lot.
    Just gotta wait and see on the response I get from Kingston University haha

Is Kingston your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abssy)
    Thanks! Kingston and Westminster appeal to me a lot.
    Just gotta wait and see on the response I get from Kingston University haha

Is Kingston your first choice?
    At the moment I think it is, I'm also applying for City, Brunel and Westminster though. I hope you get the response you want!

ReputationRep:
    At the moment I think it is, I'm also applying for City, Brunel and Westminster though. I hope you get the response you want!
    Ooh nice! Haha thanks, you too!
    Btw my offer for Westminster came after 2 days (sent it off Friday, got it today) so it shouldn't be too long till you get a response!

ReputationRep:
    Wow they're fast and thanks!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi Welkom,

I'm not sure as this will vary from year to year and course to course.

Would you like to know about a specific course?

Chloe

Student Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm going into Journalism hopefully so that would be interesting to see if possible!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Well I'm going into Journalism hopefully so that would be interesting to see if possible!

Hi Welkom,

I can contact my colleagues and ask if we can get some figures on last years intake for you.

Is there anything else you'd like to know about Kingston?

Chloe

Student Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    No that's it thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm at University of Worcester doing a degree in English and Writing. I'm dropping out, it's my last week in 2 weeks. I'm dropping out because I want to start Kingston in 2016 to do Publishing. How hard is it to get in? And how soon would I hear about an offer so I can plan what to do if I didn't get in?

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to start the Forensic Science course (with foundation year) in September!

Dyou have any advice for mature students (the depressing reality of being 23 at start of the course & having to label yourself as mature hah!) & finding private accommodation?

When is the best time to start looking for places - I have no idea where to start with this, I don't want to look too soon but don't want to leave it too late & be struggling to find anywhere?

Any advice would be appreciated
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by bkingkingking)
    I'm hoping to start the Forensic Science course (with foundation year) in September!

Dyou have any advice for mature students (the depressing reality of being 23 at start of the course & having to label yourself as mature hah!) & finding private accommodation?

When is the best time to start looking for places - I have no idea where to start with this, I don't want to look too soon but don't want to leave it too late & be struggling to find anywhere?

Any advice would be appreciated
    Hi,

First of all don't worry, a lot of students take a few years out, I have friends who are happier that they did this as it gave them time to find something they were really passionate about! My advice would just be to be friendly! I have friends of all ages and backgrounds!

In regards to Private Accommodation if you contact the accommodation team they will be able to give you advice on when is best (all their details are on the university website). Mostly it depends on when you want to move in, where you want to live etc.

I hope this has helped, please let me know if you would like any more info about anything to do with uni life.

Chloe
    Student Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    How long does it take normally for Kingston to reply to applications for Geography?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 20, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.