Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

UCAS and medicine watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have to do a gap year.

I wanted to ask is it possible that since i am an A2 student that i can resit 2 of my GCSEs?
    I got AAABBBCCC. I basically didnt revise being the stupid idiot i am. I didnt know what i wanted at that age. I wanted to study medicine later on but knew i didnt have the grades. And i want to resit 2 to get 5 As since i now have to take a gap year. But i also want to resit maths since they want minimum B.

As for my AS levels i did crap too. Again, i didnt put the time and effort in. I am capable im just lazy af. But i am aiming for AAA this year.

I wanted to also privately study chemistry since medicine requires chemistry. So that way i dont have to do a foundation year (still will apply). Is there anyway of privately resitting chemistry? I really want to do this. If not then nursing or midwifery.

So im asking is it possible to redo 3 GCSEs and study chemistry privately ? I live in Oldham, Greater Manchester. If possible can you please tell me how i do this, where i go, who i talk to and so on because im so lost at this moment and so distressed.

And say i dont get into medicine after all that, is it possible to still submit my ucas application to nursing/midwifery (which UCAS only asks for 1 personal statement) with my personal statement for medicine? If it isnt how do i submit 2 different personal statements then?

Thank you for reading through this.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.