Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

F454 OCR Computing Project HELP! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I want to make an Economics quiz format app for android devices.

However, I can't see any applications in the Google Play Store linked to this and I don't know if there are any like this on the Apple Store. I want to make this as I am taking Economics and there are not a lot of interactive resources especially for mobile. Of course there are revision notes, past papers and more but I want to make this so it can help other Economics Students

Does this mean I have to choose something else to program as I won't be able to make an "analysis of current solutions" or have something to compare my app too?

If I have to change it, could you make any suggestions for my project?

Also, if you have seen any apps like this for mobile, please type the name or link it if possible.

Thanks!

Edit:
    There are online quizzes (forgot to mention) but only for desktop and aren't mobile friendly. Could I use these sites for my reference and does this mean I don't have to pick an entirely new project?

ReputationRep:
    There may not be a specific app for economics, but I imagine if you compiled a set of past paper questions and set it up like a common quiz app it would effectively be the same. You would probably shouldn't make it multiple choice... And learn how to use databases. I wouldn't know, I'm making a puzzle game. You would definitely need to develop an approximation algorithm. I.e one that takes your answer and says "ok fair enough" everything else is down to design and your photoshop ability,

ReputationRep:
    Did this A level computing project last year!
    If you can't find any current solutions, say it. Sometimes, however rare, there aren't any other solutions / apps around. Just keep digging. If you find one, draw a rough algorithm showing how it works, explaining it. And yes use the website as a current solution, it's just got to change platform, but performs the same task!
    Also, if there aren't any current solutions, then your filling a gap for people, so personally I wouldn't change project. Get "clients" (friends or your brain) and ask what theyd like in it.
    I did mine for lower school maths. Ability to log in and do different levels of arithmetic. Easy, but it's more about how you do your project, research and development than the program itself (according to my teachers).
    Keep digging, and if you do change, do it for something you like. Remember the program isnt where the marks are, it's getting to your solution is where you score high!
    If you can show your program being useful to a client (questionnaires, interviews etc), show evidence of developing it, debugging and troubleshooting, and then final testing and acceptance, you should be fine!
    Hope that helps sort of!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WalkingMan20)
    Did this A level computing project last year!
    If you can't find any current solutions, say it. Sometimes, however rare, there aren't any other solutions / apps around. Just keep digging. If you find one, draw a rough algorithm showing how it works, explaining it. And yes use the website as a current solution, it's just got to change platform, but performs the same task!
    Also, if there aren't any current solutions, then your filling a gap for people, so personally I wouldn't change project. Get "clients" (friends or your brain) and ask what theyd like in it.
    I did mine for lower school maths. Ability to log in and do different levels of arithmetic. Easy, but it's more about how you do your project, research and development than the program itself (according to my teachers).
    Keep digging, and if you do change, do it for something you like. Remember the program isnt where the marks are, it's getting to your solution is where you score high!
    If you can show your program being useful to a client (questionnaires, interviews etc), show evidence of developing it, debugging and troubleshooting, and then final testing and acceptance, you should be fine!
    Hope that helps sort of!

(Original post by geekface98)
    There may not be a specific app for economics, but I imagine if you compiled a set of past paper questions and set it up like a common quiz app it would effectively be the same. You would probably shouldn't make it multiple choice... And learn how to use databases. I wouldn't know, I'm making a puzzle game. You would definitely need to develop an approximation algorithm. I.e one that takes your answer and says "ok fair enough" everything else is down to design and your photoshop ability,
    Thank you both for your replies, they genuinely helped!

*bro fist*

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 14, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.