Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. So I was thinking of applying for medicine in Europe and Romania looked like a good place. Is anyone else thinking of applying there?

It would be so helpful if somebody who studies there can give information on how the universities are, how is the teaching? The facilities? And most importantly everyone talks about the agencies but nobody says any name so if you pm me the details, it would be great.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeadEnd_96)
    http://www.studymedicineeurope.com/

http://tutelage.org.uk/

These are two agencies that I know people use.
    Thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sukirtha)
    Thank you so much
    I've used one of those agencies, is there anywhere in particular you wanna apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abz1901)
    I've used one of those agencies, is there anywhere in particular you wanna apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am thinking of cluj, Constanta and craiova. But I'm not sure. I need to talk to people who actually study there but from what I've read lots of people said carol davilla in Bucharest is not good and also that profs in lasi expect bribes to pass exams. How was your application experience and what uni are you going to?

ReputationRep:
    I study in Victor Babes dental medicine. I would recommend not to come and study in Romania. First of all they say its in English. But Govt made the rule as 3 yrs in english and 3 yrs in Romanian Language. After learning all in English you have to learn all terms in romanian language. Secondly you will see that you study hard and get 7 out of 9 when your classmates from Italy, israel or Germany will get 9 out of 10 by paying money to the teachers. Some of the teachers are just exchange the marks for 300-400 euros. But you can pass the exams and dont need to pay if you study. The classes are crap and your classmates will be crap too. Some of them don't know what is english is but studying in english section. ( They all paid money to get a place in the Uni).

The picture is similar or worse in other Romanian university.

If you are coming only to get a certificate then it is ok. However, after 2017 UK may not be in EU and the problem of the certificate may arise new complication.

If you need any info please let me know.

ReputationRep:
    Hello Surkirtha
    I'm in the same position, I'm really interested in studying in Romania, I'm French and I heard of a lot of student from the EU, going to Romania (cluj specially) because its easier to get into the university yet it has a pretty high level, I also heard of the students buying their marks but it only depends on you, if you want to become a good doctor you have to work very hard and you won't have to pay your teacher to get good marks right? You just have to ignore this, since even if you go to Harvard you'll still find some rich a** student who'll pay as much as he can just to pass. Work from your side, that's all you need!
    I'm also interested in Bulgaria, it also offers a good medical education!
    If you don't mind we can stay in touch? And maybe help each other in the application procedure, I kinda feel lost, I don't know with what to start.
    And it would be great if maybe we both get admitted in this university! ^^
    Have A good day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sukirtha)
    Hey guys. So I was thinking of applying for medicine in Europe and Romania looked like a good place. Is anyone else thinking of applying there?

It would be so helpful if somebody who studies there can give information on how the universities are, how is the teaching? The facilities? And most importantly everyone talks about the agencies but nobody says any name so if you pm me the details, it would be great.
    Thank you
    I know this is an old post....but did you go through with your plan to study medicine in Romania ? If so where and how has it been so far ?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.