Turn on thread page Beta

Maybe wishful thinking on my part, but based on the following points, about a girl I went to uni with, do you think she liked me?
    Note – She was in a relationship at the time, and is now married, so maybe not, but based on the following evidence, what do you think?

1 – She used to say “hey you” to me when talking online
    2 – It’s been 5 years since uni ended, and all the guys we hung around with, that were facebook friends with her, have since been unfriended by her. Every single one of them. Except me. I remain. And to be honest I don’t think I spoke to her any more than the deleted people. Also, I don’t think she just ‘forgot’ to unfriend me, because of point number 3...
    3 – She recently liked a couple of my facebook posts. She recently also liked one of my profile pictures that I shared. And recently she wished me happy birthday on facebook too. So this obviously shows that she’s aware I’m still on her friends list. And yet she kept me, and unfriended all the others...
    4 – When we were at uni, she was going to come to my room to watch a film. However, the plans got changed in that somebody else got invited too, and we moved the event to their room instead. When she found out, she suddenly said she couldn’t make it.

Once again, this may be me thinking wishfully here. And I do find it difficult to pick up on when people are hitting on me. I actually have aspergers and am deeply insecure. But, based on these 4 points, do you think there was a chance this girl liked me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Maybe wishful thinking on my part, but based on the following points, about a girl I went to uni with, do you think she liked me?
    Note – She was in a relationship at the time, and is now married, so maybe not, but based on the following evidence, what do you think?

1 – She used to say “hey you” to me when talking online
    2 – It’s been 5 years since uni ended, and all the guys we hung around with, that were facebook friends with her, have since been unfriended by her. Every single one of them. Except me. I remain. And to be honest I don’t think I spoke to her any more than the deleted people. Also, I don’t think she just ‘forgot’ to unfriend me, because of point number 3...
    3 – She recently liked a couple of my facebook posts. She recently also liked one of my profile pictures that I shared. And recently she wished me happy birthday on facebook too. So this obviously shows that she’s aware I’m still on her friends list. And yet she kept me, and unfriended all the others...
    4 – When we were at uni, she was going to come to my room to watch a film. However, the plans got changed in that somebody else got invited too, and we moved the event to their room instead. When she found out, she suddenly said she couldn’t make it.

Once again, this may be me thinking wishfully here. And I do find it difficult to pick up on when people are hitting on me. I actually have aspergers and am deeply insecure. But, based on these 4 points, do you think there was a chance this girl liked me?
    Woops, think you made a big mistake there pal...

ReputationRep:
    There is a chance that she liked you. But judging by how much you clearly like her and have been overthinking about her, there is also a good chance that you landed yourself firmly in the friendzone with your outwardly insecure behaviour. She's married anyway, forget about her.

yes it seems like it. You'll never know unless you speak to her though, ask her to go do something at the weekend or something - nothing too serious.

ReputationRep:
    Well I guess what you said is true, she was never really the kind of girl for you, she had never been your woman. :nopity:
    Serious response: stop thinking about it, start being more social and more responsible.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Stopped reading when you said she's married now lol

I strongly recommend you do this.

ReputationRep:
    Does it matter? That sounds really harsh but if she's married you need to respect that, also if you have any feelings for her, you need to find a way to move past them because it's only going to hurt you to hold onto this when she's married to someone else.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe, but it's irrelevant now. She's married. Let go.

Thanks for the replies so far.

Just to make clear, I do not have feelings for this girl. I mean, at the time I probably did, but that was a long time ago, and yes she's married. It's not me not 'letting it go' as such - I am just interested in analysing my past, just out of interest more than anything.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 4, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.