Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering has anyone been to america on a j1 visa to work for the summer? Specifically in boston. Im kind of confused about the whole process, theres so muvh information to take in. My boyfriend and i were considering going together, so if anyone has gone with another person and has any insight on getting a job in the same place, that would be fantastic. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I have worked on a Summer Camp in the USA on the J1 visa, through a company called Camp America!

ReputationRep:
    I worked in america at a summer camp too!

ReputationRep:
    Are you applying by yourself or through a company?

Lots of international companies will be able to help you arrange your visa and package e.g. BUNAC, InterExchange, SmallerEarth.
    You might like to view more info on visas on this guide to working in the USA.

Also are you only keen on Boston? You can get jobs together but this can be harder depending on what you want to do.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Everyone! This will be my fourth year doing Bunacs Work America program! I've loved every year, and bunac have always been great in the end. As long as you complete the paperwork correctly you won't run into any issues! I've been working in New York since I joined the programme in 2012, so give me a shout if anyone is interested in working in New York!

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.