The Student Room Group

Girl - part 3

So ive been asking this girl I work with out for quite a while now, like a week. Ive asked her several times - in person, text etc - nothing worked.

Today I convinced her to have lunch with me in a nearby cafe to where we work - cos at my office we can leave whenever we want - thats just how we roll.

It was nice, we had a long convo about life. I managed to convey the fact that im Oxbridge-educated, was a doctor, live in a posh part of town, am about to drive a posh car, etc etc. Basically I think it went really well. I didn't ask her out for a drink though, im kinda starting feel embarrassed cos she keeps saying no.

I do have her number, which I got through the pretence of "needing it for work".

What should I say now?

I dont want to write all the usual crap - Lunch was great blah blah - some boring paragraph loaded with cliches.

Shall I just say...

" Friday 7pm [place] ? "

Scroll to see replies

This persona is getting a little tiresome.
Sometimes I have to remind my self that you're not a kid, you're an adult..
Original post by Etomidate
This persona is getting a little tiresome.

Yet you always post on my threads. Its not a "persona". These are my real life problems.
She keeps saying no mate, if you haven't gotten the picture already then I'm not sure it's even worth giving you advice. I'd honestly be shocked if she doesn't consider you to be quite desperate.
Original post by Tailored_Suit
She keeps saying no mate, if you haven't gotten the picture already then I'm not sure it's even worth giving you advice. I'd honestly be shocked if she doesn't consider you to be quite desperate.

Well she ate lunch with me, and liked my company, she laughed the whole time!
If you have to convince someone to go to lunch with you then to me that sounds like they don't really want to go out with you . If you have to make up a silly excuse to get her number, I doubt you'll end up getting to go on a date with her. If you do eventually coax her into saying yes (or kidnapping her if all else fails) she'll only be going cos she feels sorry for you or she happens to be extremely bored.
Original post by phunky_fresh
If you have to convince someone to go to lunch with you then to me that sounds like they don't really want to go out with you . If you have to make up a silly excuse to get her number, I doubt you'll end up getting to go on a date with her. If you do eventually coax her into saying yes (or kidnapping her if all else fails) she'll only be going cos she feels sorry for you or she happens to be extremely bored.

hmm maybe youre right.

i havent got anything to lose by asking though.

its not like i want some long and beautiful relationship with her.
Original post by Awesome Genius
Well she ate lunch with me, and liked my company, she laughed the whole time!

Yes and? I have friends I do that with too. It means nothing.

She's told you no once. Take that as a hint that just maybe she doesn't want a relationship with you? If she did really want to date you, she would have said yes in the first place.
Original post by OU Student
Yes and? I have friends I do that with too. It means nothing.

She's told you no once. Take that as a hint that just maybe she doesn't want a relationship with you? If she did really want to date you, she would have said yes in the first place.

Stop leading them on!
hmm maybe youre right.

i havent got anything to lose by asking though.

its not like i want some long and beautiful relationship with her.

How many languages do you need it to be translated in? She's not interested. If this was round one I'd tell you that you have nothing to lose. However you have asked her out repeatedly and the answer has pretty much been no. No matter how shiny your BMW or your hair is for whatever reason she doesn't want to date you. There are plenty of other girls out there. Please pick up the last ounce of pride you have left and move on.
Reply 11
So ive been asking this girl I work with out for quite a while now, like a week. Ive asked her several times - in person, text etc - nothing worked.

Today I convinced her to have lunch with me in a nearby cafe to where we work - cos at my office we can leave whenever we want - thats just how we roll.

It was nice, we had a long convo about life. I managed to convey the fact that im Oxbridge-educated, was a doctor, live in a posh part of town, am about to drive a posh car, etc etc. Basically I think it went really well. I didn't ask her out for a drink though, im kinda starting feel embarrassed cos she keeps saying no.

I do have her number, which I got through the pretence of "needing it for work".

What should I say now?

I dont want to write all the usual crap - Lunch was great blah blah - some boring paragraph loaded with cliches.

Shall I just say...

" Friday 7pm [place] ? "

Beat up your love rival in front of her and she will realise you are the dominant one.

It's as simple as that
Original post by phunky_fresh
How many languages do you need it to be translated in? She's not interested. If this was round one I'd tell you that you have nothing to lose. However you have asked her out repeatedly and the answer has pretty much been no. No matter how shiny your BMW or your hair is for whatever reason she doesn't want to date you. There are plenty of other girls out there. Please pick up the last ounce of pride you have left and move on.

lol my pride isn't generated by the opinions of individual people, especially if they're not well educated / powerful - so in that sense, what she thinks of me at the end is irrelevant to me.

Its simply a matter of chance vs effort. If its taking too much effort and the chances are very low, then theres no point in keeping on asking her. But this is really easy and I think the chances are low but still there.

Also, I really think she enjoys the attention of being asked a lot.
With the exception of work, (I don't work) this sounds scarily familiar. :s-smilie:

It's bordering on harassment, imo.
lots of girls secretly take pride in being chased after

its all who is asking you as well, if its some fat loser with no money - then its all "scary" and "irritating" and all that kind of stuff

if its a tall, smart, good-looking guy with money then its "hahaha - oh he's so persistent *giggle*

With the exception of work, (I don't work) this sounds scarily familiar. :s-smilie:
lol my pride isn't generated by the opinions of individual people, especially if they're not well educated / powerful - so in that sense, what she thinks of me at the end is irrelevant to me.

Its simply a matter of chance vs effort. If its taking too much effort and the chances are very low, then theres no point in keeping on asking her. But this is really easy and I think the chances are low but still there.

Lmao please keep us updated. You can't help those that can't help themselves, so I'll just sit back and have a good old chuckle.
It's bordering on harassment, imo.

Yes harassment lol - she had lunch with me today for 60 minutes, but im "harassing" her.

This is all within that modern feminine culture of victimisation and crying wolf.

Thanks for your opinion but its totally wrong and makes no difference to me what you say.
lots of girls secretly take pride in being chased after

its all who is asking you as well, if its some fat loser with no money - then its all "scary" and "irritating" and all that kind of stuff

if its a tall, smart, good-looking guy with money then its "hahaha - oh he's so persistent *giggle*

Show us a picture of you so we can judge how good looking you are. No homo.

It doesn't sound easy at all. If it was easy you'd probably have gotten her number and been on date number five, however you have only successful coaxed her into having lunch with you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending