The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Don't know why I'm posting on this thread but I am so bored and don't want to revise so anyone know any good shows? 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by isabellacappio
Don't know why I'm posting on this thread but I am so bored and don't want to revise so anyone know any good shows? 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Breaking Bad (Finished)
Suits
Game of Thrones
Luther
Black Sails
Arrow + Flash (I've heard)

There are loads.

Posted from TSR Mobile

SCANDAL.

TRUST ME!

But don't watch it because you will fail your exams XD It's too addictive and it's 5 seasons long.

I'm on season 2 but I will not watch anymore until after my exams, I'm actually proud of my self-discipline. :colondollar:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
SCANDAL.

TRUST ME!

But don't watch it because you will fail your exams XD It's too addictive and it's 5 seasons long.

I'm on season 2 but I will not watch anymore until after my exams, I'm actually proud of my self-discipline. :colondollar:

SCANDAL OMG YUS.

It's probably my favourite TV shows and it only gets better.
Original post by dairychocolate
Breaking Bad (Finished)
Suits
Game of Thrones
Luther
Black Sails

There are loads.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
SCANDAL.

TRUST ME!

Wow that self restraint!!!! I might try it heard so many good things, going to limit myself to an episode a day until mocks are over though 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spartacus, Rick and Morty (Cartoon), One Punch Man (Anime) and Vikings are shows I would all highly recommend. I'm just about to download the opening episode of season 4 of Vikings, was released last night :biggrin: Friday night sorted. :u:

Breaking Bad (Finished)
Suits
Game of Thrones
Luther
Black Sails

There are loads.

Arrow and Flash are both overrated trash with horrific acting and dialogue. The last season of Suits was really bad too but this season seems to be picking up a LITTLE. Luther is really good agreed! :biggrin:
Original post by Sae.HH
Spartacus, Rick and Morty (Cartoon), One Punch Man (Anime) and Vikings are shows I would all highly recommend. I'm just about to download the opening episode of season 4 of Vikings, was released last night :biggrin: Friday night sorted. :u:

Arrow and Flash are both overrated trash with horrific acting and dialogue. The last season of Suits was really bad too but this season seems to be picking up a LITTLE. Luther is really good agreed! :biggrin:

I rate Suits. I watched a bit of Arrow years ago and liked it but never kept watching. Flash is a bit too bait for me but everyone I've spoken to that's seen it likes it. I think I'm just less of a harsh critic.

If I were you, I'd also look into Boardwalk Empire and Black Sails.

Don't know how I forgot about Vikings. Ragnar is a don. I didn't know it was finally back.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Sae.HH

The original Spartacus was much better, was so sad that he died. Gannicus was the man anyway,
Original post by ByronicHero
The original Spartacus was much better, was so sad that he died. Gannicus was the man anyway,

Agreed, I think Liam made Spartacus his own in some ways, but Andy played a much darker, raw version. He was simply brilliant. RIP, Feel like I should just put this in now because I always enjoy watching it.

Honestly to me that show is just unparalleled, the level of acting and the dialogue was insane. Makes Game Of Thrones look weak.

[video="youtube;xOkrqolXWjQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOkrqolXWjQ[/video]

RIP

(edited 8 years ago)
I rate Suits. I watched a bit of Arrow years ago and liked it but never kept watching. Flash is a bit too bait for me but everyone I've spoken to that's seen it likes it. I think I'm just less of a harsh critic.

If I were you, I'd also look into Boardwalk Empire and Black Sails.

Don't know how I forgot about Vikings. Ragnar is a don. I didn't know it was finally back.

Yeah I'm slightly harsh, I just dislike repetitiveness more than anything, and Suits is becoming increasingly repetitive with the mediocrity of the actors showing, they're all extremely static. I hated Walking Dead for the same reason and dropped it midway into Season 2.

TO WHOM DO WE OWE OUR ALLEGIANCE?! RAGNAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!! It's back indeed :biggrin: Just finished downloading, let's do this!!! Yeah I liked Boardwalk Empire, not a fan of Black Sails, dropped it midway into Season 1 but it just wasn't my thing, can't really fault the show.
Original post by Sae.HH

IMAGINE including flash in that. Yes arrow has gone massively downhill after season 2 or 3 I can't remember which. But Flash is one of the best tv shows on currently and isn't overrated at all. But each to their own :biggrin:
Original post by Sae.HH
Agreed, I think Liam made Spartacus his own in some ways, but Andy played a much darker, raw version. He was simply brilliant. RIP, Feel like I should just put this in now because I always enjoy watching it.

Honestly to me that show is just unparalleled, the level of acting and the dialogue was insane. Makes Game Of Thrones look weak.

RIP

Powerful as ****. That genuinely just gave me chills. Thanks a lot for showing me that - I'd never seen it.

I'd agree with your statements to be honest. Andy just was Spartacus from the first minute I watched him so whoever came in was never going to be a rival.

May his cock forever rage on :frown:

[video="youtube;5AgSuZFlylw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AgSuZFlylw[/video]
To the above: Flash is incredibly boring and Vikings is sick.
Original post by jshep000
IMAGINE including flash in that. Yes arrow has gone massively downhill after season 2 or 3 I can't remember which. But Flash is one of the best tv shows on currently and isn't overrated at all. But each to their own :biggrin:

If you're a fan of hero shows I can see some appeal, as someone who just wants to watch good TV, definitely better shows to watch and not worth my time, IMHO. :p: Indeed :biggrin:
Original post by Biryani007
Don't be shy now :colone:...

Water provided (free of charge) for those that need it[:ahee:/QUOTE]

No water required I am sexy asf :wink:
Original post by ByronicHero
Powerful as ****. That genuinely just gave me chills. Thanks a lot for showing me that - I'd never seen it.

I'd agree with your statements to be honest. Andy just was Spartacus from the first minute I watched him so whoever came in was never going to be a rival.

May his cock forever rage on :frown:

Haha, brilliant. :biggrin:

Man one of my favourite moments from the entire series was when Crixus mentions the House of Batiatus one last time before going into battle vs Arius. Genuinely felt like a lifetime ago, gave me chills.

WHAT. LIES. BENEATH YOUR FEET?!

[video="youtube;gP-3rMQvZSY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP-3rMQvZSY[/video]

Also you're going to love this little gem, best Spartacus fan vid I've ever seen, I have it bookmarked and watch it quite a lot. :p:

Enjoy!

[video]http://tune.pk/video/3789526/spartacus-war-of-the-damned-final-battle-spartacus-crassus-hd[/video]
Original post by Sae.HH
Haha, brilliant. :biggrin:

Man one of my favourite moments from the entire series was when Crixus mentions the House of Batiatus one last time before going into battle vs Arius. Genuinely felt like a lifetime ago, gave me chills.

WHAT. LIES. BENEATH YOUR FEET?!

Also you're going to love this little gem, best Spartacus fan vid I've ever seen, I have it bookmarked and watch it quite a lot. :p:

Enjoy!

That made me want to lift so badly for some reason. It got to the flashbacks to his wife and I gripped my kettlebell and started smashing out OHPs. I felt like I could throw it through the ceiling.

I re-watched it all not long ago but I'm going to do it again.

Real talk though Gannicus would wreck Spartacus.

[video="youtube;4ev7jcBulaU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ev7jcBulaU[/video]
Original post by Sae.HH
If you're a fan of hero shows I can see some appeal, as someone who just wants to watch good TV, definitely better shows to watch and not worth my time, IMHO. :p: Indeed :biggrin:

What other TV shows are you a fan of? I don't just like hero shows, I watch so many others too. House of cards, peaky blinders, dexter, suits, breaking bad, GoT, Luther, Sherlock, The blacklist, The mentalist. Probably many others :biggrin: I like TV shows really
Original post by jshep000

Flash and one punch man are so good!!!

Latest