Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am really torn between these two courses and I was wondering if current offer holders/Psychology undergraduate students studying either of the two courses could give me information on:

What college you applied to
    What you like/dislike about Durham city and/or Queen's Campus Stockston
    What grades you achieved in your GCSE's and A-levels (This is just for personal interest so I can compare them with my grades and see if have a chance)
    What you like most about your Psychology course as I heard the modules differ depending on whether the applied or standard psychology course is chosen.

Also how long did it take to hear back from Durham on an offer?

Thank you so much guys!!!

ReputationRep:
    I just started first year and got in through adjustment for Applied Psychology at Queen's Campus. Personally, I am reapplying for 2016 entry to change my course to Sociology, mainly because i find the course too science based with lots of data analysis and stats etc. Imo: QC is very disconnected from the rest of Durham Uni (Another reason i want to change) and applied psychology just is taught differently. Psychology is more theoretical. At the end of the day theyre both psychology degrees so its just the way its taught that's different - and the location. I'm in Stephenson because i was allocated there but I like my college more than John Snow (closer to lectures and dont have to wear gowns) I got in with 36 IB pts (equivalent to about AAB in A-Levels)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 246297)
    I just started first year and got in through adjustment for Applied Psychology at Queen's Campus. Personally, I am reapplying for 2016 entry to change my course to Sociology, mainly because i find the course too science based with lots of data analysis and stats etc. Imo: QC is very disconnected from the rest of Durham Uni (Another reason i want to change) and applied psychology just is taught differently. Psychology is more theoretical. At the end of the day theyre both psychology degrees so its just the way its taught that's different - and the location. I'm in Stephenson because i was allocated there but I like my college more than John Snow (closer to lectures and dont have to wear gowns) I got in with 36 IB pts (equivalent to about AAB in A-Levels)
    Thank you so much for your answer and I wish you all the luck possible for getting onto the Sociology course!!! I hope you don't mind me asking what grades to achieved at GCSE level?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parasite)
    Thank you so much for your answer and I wish you all the luck possible for getting onto the Sociology course!!! I hope you don't mind me asking what grades to achieved at GCSE level?
    I didn't do GCSE's, I went to an international school in Brussels which only had pre-IB and IB or AP - so can't really answer that, sorry!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.