The Student Room Group

Can I ask DSA for a printer?

I have got DSA which is a note taker, a laptop, hearing device etc. However at the time of the assessment, they asked me if I needed a printer but I said no as I've got one that's brand new. However that was over a year ago and my printer is now starting to fail.
Can I ask DSA if I can be recommended another printer? Thanks.
Posted from TSR Mobile
You should be able to if they said yes and you said no previously.

Can't remember what you need to do though. If this was me, I'd contact the disability support at uni and see what they say.

Your report, if you have a copy, should have recommendations for a printer even if you turned it down.
Its easy to do this.
I suggest you look at Argos or some other supplier for a suitable printer depending on your requirements. I prefer an HP LaserJet the cheapest colour one. Get the replacement cover costs for three years. Then give this info to your assessor and if they agree they can inform SF? that you need this printer from Argos at this price.
Remember to get refill cartridge prices and give these to your assessor as they will recommend an annual allowance for printing spares.
They SF? will then advise you if you can go ahead it might be that they will suggest an alternative supplier so the don't pay VAT.
I did this for the scanner I needed.

Quick Reply

Latest