Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Am I going to be too old for some courses in uni? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I went back two years to do my GCSE's so now by the time I finish A levels I will probably be around 20-21. I wanted to know, will I be able to go to a good university and take the course I want here in London? I really need to know before I pick my A level subjects. Please help

ReputationRep:
    You'll be fine, I'm doing education studies and there's plenty of women on my course who are between the ages of 20 and 25, you're not alone xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samina_ay)
    You'll be fine, I'm doing education studies and there's plenty of women on my course who are between the ages of 20 and 25, you're not alone xx
    Oh okay that's good to hear, do you know anyone taking medicine at that age?

ReputationRep:
    Yes you'll be fine. Two years is nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leah Alemayehu)
    Many people who do graduate entry medicine are usually a bit older. Dont let the factor of age bring you down, you have a very long working life after graduating so look at the long term picture.

All the best 🙂

ReputationRep:
    Okay it's a relief to hear that, thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the terminator)
    Many people who do graduate entry medicine are usually a bit older. Dont let the factor of age bring you down, you have a very long working life after graduating so look at the long term picture.

All the best 🙂
    This is so true

Just think about it, even if you graduate at 25 or whatever, you still have like over 30 years of working life so it doesn't matter if you go to uni a few years older than most people

ReputationRep:
    I went back two years to do my GCSE's so now by the time I finish A levels I will probably be around 20-21. I wanted to know, will I be able to go to a good university and take the course I want here in London? I really need to know before I pick my A level subjects. Please help
    That is still very young! Of course you'll be able to go to a good uni!! You can go to uni at any age as long as you have everything they are looking for

ReputationRep:
    From what I've heard, quite a few medicine students end up starting a year or so behind, due to having to reapply because they didn't get in or going on a gap year. You'll be 20, not 60, so don't worry! :P (I'm applying to do medicine for 2016 entry) Anyway, good luck with it all!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.