Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How to speak to a shy girl? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So there is this girl in my sixth form that stares at me randomly and I have been told by her friends who sit next to me in History that she likes me and that I should speak to her. The problem is that she is really shy, when I see her in the corridor I try to make eye contact with her and smile to try and break the ice but every time she sees me she just looks at the floor or pretends to be reading the wall displays. Or another example is, when I am walking with my friends somewhere and we just by coincidence happen to be walking towards her and her 'gang' she just turns away, looks at the floor or in the opposite direction or pretends she is really into her current conversation.

I don't know how to talk to her, I think it is a bit weird to just walk up to her in the middle of lunch to her group and just speak to them and I am not sure that she will even have the guts to even talk to me then and I don;t want to just randomly contact her on social media since we haven't actually ever spoken or met in person. I ain't a shy guy but I have never experienced anything like this before. I am just really confused.

And I guess that soon I will just give up on her let her be, I do like her but it is just so weird, I don't mind being the one starting the conversation or making the first moves etc. but she literally makes it so hard for me to do that.

Don't give up on her just yet, when you catch eye contact try smiling or saying hey! You know she likes you and if you feel the same way about her then you will try and make it work!! if there is an upcoming party where you know she will be there, try speaking to her then when things are a bit more relaxed

ReputationRep:
    i know this will sound incredibaly cliched but if you are in the same history class message her about some homework as a converstaion starter and allow the conversation to evolve

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobthebuilder99)
    So there is this girl in my sixth form that stares at me randomly and I have been told by her friends who sit next to me in History that she likes me and that I should speak to her. The problem is that she is really shy, when I see her in the corridor I try to make eye contact with her and smile to try and break the ice but every time she sees me she just looks at the floor or pretends to be reading the wall displays. Or another example is, when I am walking with my friends somewhere and we just by coincidence happen to be walking towards her and her 'gang' she just turns away, looks at the floor or in the opposite direction or pretends she is really into her current conversation.

I don't know how to talk to her, I think it is a bit weird to just walk up to her in the middle of lunch to her group and just speak to them and I am not sure that she will even have the guts to even talk to me then and I don;t want to just randomly contact her on social media since we haven't actually ever spoken or met in person. I ain't a shy guy but I have never experienced anything like this before. I am just really confused.

And I guess that soon I will just give up on her let her be, I do like her but it is just so weird, I don't mind being the one starting the conversation or making the first moves etc. but she literally makes it so hard for me to do that.
    As someone who behaves exactly like the girl you've described, I'd say just message her on social media. Honestly graduating from chatting on social media to hanging out irl sounds better to me. Also the lunch group idea seems alright to me as well. You just need to hold a conversation with her once and if she's anything like me (and it sounds a lot like she's exactly like me) then she won't be so shy the next time and may in fact become quite chatty...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 5, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.