The Student Room Group

Graduate Dentistry entry - 2016 Applicants

Was just wondering how other graduate applications are going?

Still waiting to hear from UCLAN and Liverpool for me.

Scroll to see replies

Still waiting to hear from UCLAN. Last year I had my letter of invitation to the assessment day by 4th Nov. Kinda getting nervous that it's still not here :frown:
Reply 2
Yes, 2014 I think they sent invitations out by the 2nd, so the date seems to vary.

Keep the faith! :smile: today could be the day.
Original post by <sam1>
Still waiting to hear from UCLAN. Last year I had my letter of invitation to the assessment day by 4th Nov. Kinda getting nervous that it's still not here :frown:

I called yesterday and was told that all letters for the exam invitation have been printed off. We should be expecting a letter to arrive by Wednesday :smile:
How did you find the entrance exam last year? Is it MCQ?
Reply 4
Original post by Nergis
I called yesterday and was told that all letters for the exam invitation have been printed off. We should be expecting a letter to arrive by Wednesday :smile:
How did you find the entrance exam last year? Is it MCQ?

I received an invitation via email today at around 2pm. Hope you guys did to.
Original post by jake walton
I received an invitation via email today at around 2pm. Hope you guys did to.

I did :smile:
Reply 6
Anyone heard from Aberdeen????
Original post by tilray
Anyone heard from Aberdeen????

Hi Tilray,
I heard from them about a week ago about interview invite, I saw on a website that they haven't finished giving out interviews yet though.. :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by claraoshea93
Hi Tilray,
I heard from them about a week ago about interview invite, I saw on a website that they haven't finished giving out interviews yet though.. :smile:

Congrats on the interview! When is yours?

I hope I hear from them soon
Reply 9
How did people find the exam today?
Reply 10
Original post by bjft
How did people find the exam today?

I think it went okay overall, it started really well and the end was more difficult. I got at least about 6 wrong. What you think is the pass mark?
Reply 11
I think it went okay overall, it started really well and the end was more difficult. I got at least about 6 wrong. What you think is the pass mark?

It was okay got harder towards the end like you said :/ I've no idea tbh I'm hoping not too high! are you hoping for UCLan or do you have your heart set elsewhere?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 12
Yeah same here! My number one choice is Liverpool graduate entry. Still haven't heard back from them yet. What about you?

Obviously I would be more than happy to goto Liverpool but I would prefer to goto UCLan I much prefer their way of teaching plus I live near Accrington so would hope to get put in that DEC, what uni are you at now? Are you doing Biomed?
Reply 13
Yeah same here, would be so happy with either. I graduated last year from university of Manchester studying medical biochemistry. Currently working for a biopharm company in Oxford. How about you?
Reply 14
Yeah same here, would be so happy with either. I graduated last year from university of Manchester studying medical biochemistry. Currently working for a biopharm company in Oxford. How about you?

Cool! I graduated from Leeds uni studying Medical Biochemistry also and now I'm studying for a Biomedical Science degree at Salford I will graduate this summer and hopefully then start dentistry in the September. Are you from Oxford or the Manchester area?
Reply 15
Original post by bjft
Cool! I graduated from Leeds uni studying Medical Biochemistry also and now I'm studying for a Biomedical Science degree at Salford I will graduate this summer and hopefully then start dentistry in the September. Are you from Oxford or the Manchester area?

Ahh nice. No from Liverpool, just seemed to keep getting further away as I get older. Hopefully by next September i'll be back there though!! Yourself? You think we will find out tomorrow?
Reply 16
Ahh nice. No from Liverpool, just seemed to keep getting further away as I get older. Hopefully by next September i'll be back there though!! Yourself? You think we will find out tomorrow?

I don't think it will be tomorrow I'm thinking more like Wednesday they won't have finished counting them she said until Monday and then the admin team have to email us, I'm from Rossendale which is near Burnley if you know it? Did you goto uni straight from college or are you a mature student ?
Reply 17
Yes I am thinking maybe Tuesday or Wednesday, we will have to post on here if we hear. Yes straight from college, so 22. How about you?
Reply 18
Yes I am thinking maybe Tuesday or Wednesday, we will have to post on here if we hear. Yes straight from college, so 22. How about you?

Will do! And I'm straight from college too but I'm 23 I'm in 3rd year of my second degree atm so a year ahead of you, have you got fb or something instead of messaging on here ?
Reply 19
Ahh okay. Yea sure, just search jake Walton. Or I can search for you?

Quick Reply