Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My EPQ title is 'Can we utilise black holes and neutron stars safely?' and I'm scared that I will end up writing too much about black holes and neutron stars instead of their uses. Is it possible to make the bulk (60%) of my EPQ on black holes and neutron stars but talk slightly about their uses and dangers? I have a lot to write about but I want to include some of my opinion in how they can be possibly utilised. I don't want my EPQ to be a few regurgitated physics books and articles.
    Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FalconStorm)
    My EPQ title is 'Can we utilise black holes and neutron stars safely?' and I'm scared that I will end up writing too much about black holes and neutron stars instead of their uses. Is it possible to make the bulk (60%) of my EPQ on black holes and neutron stars but talk slightly about their uses and dangers? I have a lot to write about but I want to include some of my opinion in how they can be possibly utilised. I don't want my EPQ to be a few regurgitated physics books and articles.
    Thanks in advance!
    Hello,

If I understand your issue correctly, you are concerned that writing too much about the established science behind black holes and neutron stars, your project will become too unfocused and the main purpose of the project will be overshadowed by this. I do not claim to be an expert on creating projects such as this, however I would say the following: consider all the points that you wish to make about the utilisation of the black holes and neutron stars and then afterwards consider explaining the mechanisms (of course the structure is up to you). To paraphrase, if you believe that it is necessary to include the science in order to justify your main points, then you should certainly do so. Anything extra may of course increase reader comprehension, which is an advantage; however try not to remain on tangents, no matter how interesting it may be . As I said before, I am in no way officially qualified to give advice such as this but as this thread has received no replies at the time that I began writing this, I decided to offer my suggestions.

I hope that I have been of some assistance.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 4, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.