Turn on thread page Beta

Switching to Computing AS after half a term? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi ,

I have been considering switching from Art to Computing AS, however we're already 8 weeks into the term-so of course swapping would result in me having to do A LOT of catch up work. I'm sure making this swap would be beneficial to me in the future in terms of showing a variety in skills when applying for uni/jobs (I am currently doing Music, Drama, Art and Sociology-not much variety and nothing really facilitating), and also now in terms of my own happiness at 6th form-as I don't enjoy the setup of the Art a level at all.

Before I switch however, just wondering what the thoughts of people studying computing AS would be in terms of catching up. Do you think it's feasible that I'd be able to catch up 8 weeks of work I've missed, or would it be pretty much impossible?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    First of all, does your sixth form allow it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prophetkid)
    First of all, does your sixth form allow it?
    Yes, however only if I'm positive I want to change as it can be a bit of a struggle rearranging my timetable and catching me up etc.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't take computing but I really wish I did. So although this advice is pretty useless, if you think you'll regret NOT taking it and you really don't enjoy art, then take it.

- someone who really regrets not taking computing :|

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.