Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Year 13 writing my UCAS application for Uni but I've been thinking about reapplying next year as my predicted grades are not so good. I'm focusing on working as hard as possible to hopefully exceed them (also doing resits) and apply next year when I'm in a better position. I also feel like I'm not really ready for University this year and the main reason why I would be doing it is simply because it seems what I 'should' do because everyone else is doing. Of course this is a silly reason to do something, thus I have strongly considered taking the year out, which I can hopefully use to earn and save money for Uni.
    What I'm wondering is whether I should apply this year to see if I get any offers or in case I don't exceed my predicted grades, or whether I should just scrap my UCAS application.
    If anyone could give my any advice I would be grateful

(Sorry if this is not the right place to post this, I wasn't sure where else would be suitable)

ReputationRep:
    If you are sure you want to take a gap year then I think doing the application is pointless. If you want to know your odds of getting in, chat to some admissions people one you actually have your grades.

If you aren't sure about the gap year then do it to keep your options open

ReputationRep:
    I feel the exact same way! I haven't finished my application because I didn't do so well in my first year of College (2 D's and 1 Distinction * in Performing Arts) and I feel that I'm just going through the motions of a student that would be in my position. I want to take time off before reapplying next year too, however I don't know if I should apply or not? I don't get my grades till august which is too late apply, and I don't really fancy paying £25 to get rejected because my personal statement doesn't match what I'm applying for. Arghhhh

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.