The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

lgs98jonee
yeh put that :-)

good :smile:

sorry, the comment about the marks was aimed at the other peron, altho i quoted you

rosie
Reply 201
aha yes!
Physics 1 was really hard. :frown:
Physics 2 i found ok
Physics 3 i mucked up. (astro) :frown:
Reply 203
does anyone remember the voltage and current values for point x on that internal resistance question
Reply 204
nope sorry
Reply 205
Ok, can remember what paper, but it gave 3 types of force, gravitational, electromagnetic and sommet else. Anyway, what did you put for the examples, i thought it was a stupid question, and didnt really know what to put.

The other thing was the moments question when it asked for the other horizontal force, i put it at A. Then use moments and whatever to find X and Y, i got
X = -184N
Y = 126N In the left direction.

I was unsure cos it sed the force X is a tension, but resolving shows its actually a compression.
Reply 206
JamesF
Ok, can remember what paper, but it gave 3 types of force, gravitational, electromagnetic and sommet else. Anyway, what did you put for the examples, i thought it was a stupid question, and didnt really know what to put.

The other thing was the moments question when it asked for the other horizontal force, i put it at A. Then use moments and whatever to find X and Y, i got
X = -184N

I was unsure cos it sed the force X is a tension, but resolving shows its actually a compression.

For Gravitational I put Weight
for EM i put Electrostatic Repulsion
For Nuclear I Put Strong.
Reply 207
Tennis
does anyone remember the voltage and current values for point x on that internal resistance question

i think the value on the x axis was something like 0.45 and the y axis was something like 0.6 though i'm not sure,

can anyone explain how to do the density question please
Reply 208
dormonkey
i think the value on the x axis was something like 0.45 and the y axis was something like 0.6 though i'm not sure,

yeah those values are right.....
Reply 209
dormonkey

which is the density question?
JamesF

X = -184N

your values of x and y r out by a factor of 10
they were 1800 sumfing
and y was 1500 sumfing
dormonkey

density question on phy 1?
Reply 212
Oh, bollocks. I read the length from A to B as 1.6. Thats so annoying :mad: :mad:
JamesF
Oh, bollocks. I read the length from A to B as 1.6. Thats so annoying :mad: :mad:

sorry m8, i know how it annoying it must be
mockel
which is the density question?

if u mean the density questioninvolving lead,
the thickness was 7x10^-4
Reply 215
mathematician
if u mean the density questioninvolving lead,
the thickness was 7x10^-4

i was actually referring to what dormonkey asked, something like "how did you do the density question", so i asked "which density question"

anyway, how did you get your answer for the thickness of the lead?
Reply 216
anyone else notice the mistake in Unit 1 on the Rutherford scattering question? It refered to a "small, massive nucleus"!!!
surely this must be wrong! :eek:
Reply 217
don't know bout you lot but i found paper 2 really hard (the thermal stuff) unit 1, and 3 particle were fine!
Reply 218
neosyko
anyone else notice the mistake in Unit 1 on the Rutherford scattering question? It refered to a "small, massive nucleus"!!!

yeah i didn't really get that either, but they said the exact same thing later on in the question, so it couldn't have been a typo, could it?
neosyko

"massive" means it has lots of mass, not that it is very big

rosie

Latest

Trending

Trending