Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How was Edexcel physics?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    does any one rememer the dimensions given in the question about moments?

i know the force applied at the top was 310N but cant remember the lenght from top to X, and i think the distance from X to the bottom of the soil was 0.69m.

i need to know the distance from 310n to X.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mace5000)

i know the force applied at the top was 310N but cant remember the lenght from top to X, and i think the distance from X to the bottom of the soil was 0.69m.

it sounds familiar, though I'm not sure.... What did you get as the value for Y, and where was it ?

ReputationRep:

distances were 0.95m, and 0.16m

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MalaysianDude)
    Ive just finished unit 1 and i found it to be a little rough to be honest...
    its just the moments and the alpha scattering question which really caught me for a while..
    the rest was a cinch

as for unit 3,i did med physics and found it to be really easy compared to jan 2004...except for the last q..
    Hey, what did u get for the last question in paper 3. I got 0.21

ReputationRep:
    i guess it was not too bad and not too good....for me that is...though i got that bubble question wrong......careless mistake angry with me-self...too-bad, what's done is done...

ReputationRep:
    I ****ED UP phy 2 I'm really annoyed with it, especially since phy1 and 3 went so very well.

ReputationRep:
    aghhh stress, calm, dont worry quite a few people did a bit dodgey-ly (?) on physics 2! anyway you always have retakes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yipee)
    aghhh stress, calm, dont worry quite a few people did a bit dodgey-ly (?) on physics 2! anyway you always have retakes.
    Thats true but I was hoping yesterday would be the last I'd have to worry about physics. I'm droping it because my teachers are incompetent idiot who didn't start teaching us to Januay (after one of them getting sacked and a whole term of poor substitute teachers) and as a result didn't even finish teaching the ****ing course to us.

ReputationRep:
    dont worry i know what you mean, our physics teacher is senile...and basically just mumbles, we've had to teach ourselves a whole unit :mad:

but seriously dont worry! i re-took physics 2 this year too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hash)
    Hey, what did u get for the last question in paper 3. I got 0.21
    what question was that?

ReputationRep:
    hi,

did anyone get 0.6 ms-2 for the acceleration of the trolly?
    as in the question, they said the accleration is 0.3 ms-2.

ReputationRep:
    hi,

did anyone get 0.6 ms-2 for the acceleration of the trolly?
    as in the question, they said the accleration is 0.3 ms-2.
    what was the question like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lgs98jonee)
    what question was that?
    medical physics. The one about the reflection coefficient of ultrasound waves.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.