Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    wouldnt it speed up wather than slow down coz it is repelled ??? i wrote tht it will peak at p

sumthing like this _______________/\___________

i should get at least one mark coz A and B were the same speed ... but tht was a given so i dont know if i really will
    I figured it this way, we're talking electrostatic forces. Though its, not the same, only the concept, imagine someone pushing a magnet towards another one that was clamped. The speed would decrease as it approached the clamped magnet due to the replusive force.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shift3)
    It would look like an inverted smile, or just a smile. I don't really remember.
    u mite be rite .... i drew an inverted V ... whihc showed constant acceleration ... but come to think of it the acceleration isnt constant ...

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone get hold of a copy of the paper?

ReputationRep:
    binding nrg in the nucleus is an accecptable nuclear force isnt it ?

ReputationRep:
    I put "Strong Nuclear Force in the atom", so probably... We won't really know till the results come back, so its pointless speculating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    Can anyone get hold of a copy of the paper?
    trust me ... i dont wanna c these papers again ... just hope the UMS is really low this year so i can get a high A ....

somebody with a lot of spare time ... and big heart :rolleyes: mite type it out ... i still have 4 pure math and 3 chem papers left to study for

ReputationRep:
    i put it as friction on the base .. umm arrow towards the left of the page i got both x and Y in thousands one was 14xx ... and the other was 15xx
    Oui, I got very similar.

ReputationRep:
    Nightmare. 1 AND 2. Shoot me now.

ReputationRep:
    ahhh .. finally ... one answer of ime tht agrees with somebody elses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma Louise)
    *Grabs Gun*

I wouldn't worry. Most of the time, people don't actually know what the answers are, and can't even remember what they put. We all seem to be having an argument about the last question, but we won't really know until a few months time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S1M)
    damn... thats what my m8 got... but i thought you had to minus the atmospheric pressure off... that probably where we went different... i minused it because the formula was delta p... anyone else???
    i got 6.8 as well.
    at first i got a bit messed up with that equation, cos i thought u had to convert the cm^3 into m^3, but when i realised u didn't need to, and worked it out, i got 6.8 cm^3

what did everyone get ore the question on unit 2 where u had 2 work out the internal resistance of the solar cell? i found that whole question a bit hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Resonance)
    I resat PHY1 today.
    For the graph showing the speed of the alpha particle as it passes near a gold nucleus, what did everybody draw? I drew a straight line because although the velocity changed, it was only the direction, not the magnitude, and so the speed remained constant.

Overall I thought it wasn't a bad paper, and hopefully I improved on last year's mark.
    Interesting take. That's quite possible too...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma Louise)
    i think the grade boundaries will be low this year ... mayb a 230 ... .ull end up with an acceptable grade .. chill ..

if u keep on thinking about it ... ull screw ur other exams .... if u dont have n e other ... u lucky ******* ... grab a cigar and take a nice long lie on the beach

ReputationRep:
    On the PHY1 moments plant question I got the force Y at the base pointing to the right of the page.

ReputationRep:

if u keep on thinking about it ... ull screw ur other exams
    Hmm, like P4 on Wednesday

ReputationRep:
    i made such a stupid mistake ....

i forgot to take the reciprocal for the measurement of internal resistance:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Resonance)
    On the PHY1 moments plant question I got the force Y at the base pointing to the right of the page.
    As did I, but I think it's wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mat666)
    Hmm, like P4 on Wednesday
    im mnore worried bout p5 and 2 ... havent done p2 since my mocks and i hate p5 ... its like an eternal being had a **** and p5 was all thts left behind

ReputationRep:
    i made such a stupid mistake ....

i forgot to take the reciprocal for the measurement of internal resistance:mad:
    The question in unit2? I got r = 0.22 ohms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shift3)
    The question in unit2? I got r = 0.22 ohms.
    it was 0.57 ohms ... im sure ... coz the gradient was -1.75 .. and u had to take the negative reciprocal

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.