Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I haven't done p5 yet, but p4 is all the complex number and summing of partial fraction ****, (AQA that is), and it really pisses me off because of how much you have to think for each question :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    im the doofus who got 1.75 and didnt even see the graph was inverted .. thnkfully i saw tht for the EMF .. which was 0.58V

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Resonance)
    I resat PHY1 today.
    For the graph showing the speed of the alpha particle as it passes near a gold nucleus, what did everybody draw? I drew a straight line because although the velocity changed, it was only the direction, not the magnitude, and so the speed remained constant.
    My teacher told us that as the particle approaches the gold nucleus it does work on the field (stored as it's Potential energy) then as it moves away the field does work on the particle, Bringing it back up to speed again. So since it is kinetic energy that is transferred to electric potential energy and back to kinetic again; then the speed must decrease since 0.5*m*(v^2) is KE.

cheers.

Kiran

ReputationRep:
    i found 1 tougher thn 2 and 3..i did solid materials...anyone else did solid mat?and btw...i cudnt think of an example for electromagnetic and nuclear force it seems stupid not to know....weight is gravitational force right? ****..it seems i did the internal resistance thing wrong too...oh well...better concentrate on units 4 and 5 now ...which ARE my worst papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    it was 0.57 ohms ... im sure ... coz the gradient was -1.75 .. and u had to take the negative reciprocal
    yes i inverted it and got 0.57 ohms. i'm glad it seems like that was the right thing to do. i wasn't sure about it.

what about the question just above it when you had to say how the power changed with increasing current? i said it increased to a maximum, then decreased. what did everyone else get?

ReputationRep:
    yup .. thts rite

i actually sat and calculated the whole thing for increasing voltage to make sure how it varied.. and then i saw it was for increasing current .. and i was literally pulling my hair out

ReputationRep:
    yup .. thts rite

i actually sat and calculated the whole thing for increasing voltage to make sure how it varied.. and then i saw it was for increasing current .. and i was literally pulling my hair out
    oh no! so what did u get in the end?

ReputationRep:
    the bubble wasn't 6.8 ! thats what i put but then i found out the value for the underwater pressure was about 382 (or something) + 101 (**** !) so it came out at about 8.4 or something, bastered noob i am

ReputationRep:
    btw did u get the value of ques 4 i think. . .

energy = 2016

therefore

U = -2016

ReputationRep:
    i did get 2016 but i didnt think abt the negative sign :/

ReputationRep:
    AAAghhh i got 0.22 ohms too. i didnt even use the graph to do it... so i dont know about the good ole gradients way.

ReputationRep:
    oh yeh...what did everyone get about the delta U = delta W + delta Q , one?

ReputationRep:
    yeah i got the Y value for the moments question pointing to the left...
    how can it be pointing to the right???imainge trying to pull a lever and letting it break at the other end...kinda impossible

and also for the alpha scattering question
    im pretty sure that the graph should show an inverted V graph...my teacher agreed and i was kinda satified...

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhh well...as somebody said earlier, I think I'll just forget about this and move on.

ReputationRep:
    I think I got 8.8 for the volume

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RazMaTaz)
    btw did u get the value of ques 4 i think. . .

energy = 2016

therefore

U = -2016
    U = 0, since it's insulated and the temperature was kept constant. W = -2016 and Q = 2016 (or was it 1016?).

ReputationRep:
    yeah i got the Y value for the moments question pointing to the left...
    how can it be pointing to the right???imainge trying to pull a lever and letting it break at the other end...kinda impossible
    It has to point to the right otherwise the object will not have a net balanced force and not remain in equilibrium.

ReputationRep:
    Y was pointing to the right of the page
    i did it to the left intially then the last question basically told u it was to the right, cos it wanted u to find the moment at Y, so it had to be right of the page.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathematician)
    Y was pointing to the right of the page
    i did it to the left intially then the last question basically told u it was to the right, cos it wanted u to find the moment at Y, so it had to be right of the page.
    force for Y was about 1500 or sumfing near tht and X was 1800 sumfing like that

ReputationRep:
    im the doofus who got 1.75 and didnt even see the graph was inverted .. thnkfully i saw tht for the EMF .. which was 0.58V
    emf = V + Ir
    0.58 = 0.45 + 0.6r
    r = 0.22 ohms

I didn't use the gradient.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.